Posted on November 8th, 2018
Duties: Ability to function in a demanding environment by navigating multiple projects simultaneously, and effectively supporting a busy Medical Staff Office. Under general supervision is responsible for providing secretarial and credentialing support to the Medical Staff of St. Rose Hospital. Assist the Medical Staff Manager with all medical staff requirements and maintains records and systems that result in efficient program operation. Supports the medical/dental/allied health credentialing process, including the processing of new applications, requests for temporary privileges, and biennial reappointments.
- Assumes operations of the office, acts as liaison to VP of Medical Affairs and support to peers, hospital employees, medical staff and other
- Assist persons having business with Medical Staff Office, handling inquiries and providing information appropriate to job description and directs other inquiries to appropriate personnel
- Serves as a Medstaff software supervisor
- Maintains the credentialing database ensuring accuracy and completeness of data for entire medical and allied health professional staff
- Supports the medical staff/dental/allied health credentialing and re-credentialing and privilege delineation activities in accordance with medical staff policies, bylaws and rules and regulations to assure compliance
- Prepares medical staff pre-application and application packets for mailing upon request and assures applicants understanding of the application process. Maintains a current log of applications. Prepares, coordinates and mails verification of information queries per established policies and procedures for applications and reappointment applications
- Coordinates the Credentials Committee meeting, records minutes, and processes all follow up work and its associated documents/documentation
- Maintains the proctoring program
- Annually, prepares dues billing statements and PPD forms, mails and tracks returns and handling according to procedure
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist preferred.
- AA degree preferred
- Medical terminology preferred
- Minimum three years secretarial, medical staff office and credentialing experience preferred
- Acute care experience preferred
Please apply online at:
If you have any questions please contact St. Rose HR at (510)264-4288, thank you.