Back To CalendarOctober 8th, 2020
When Teamwork Doesn’t Work: The Twists and Turns of Joint Investigations
- Location: Webinar ,
- Time: October 8th, 2020 12:00pm - 1:15pm
FREE event to both CAMSS members and non-members!
CAMSS 2020 Education Series
he modern approach to providing healthcare emphasizes the importance of a teamwork. This discussion will address some of the hurdles associated with conducting peer review investigations which require coordination with medical groups, union represented nurses, human resource departments, hospital administration and other non-medical staff entities. The session will provide practical guidance for conducting investigations while maintaining confidentiality, civil immunities and peer review protections under Federal and California state laws.
- Provide background on state and federal laws and regulations to be aware of while conducting joint investigations.
- Identify and discuss practical guidance for conducting interviews and drafting investigative reports to maintain peer review protections and comply with confidentiality and privacy laws and regulations.
- Provide practical tips for addressing and incorporating the guidance into the MSP’s practice.
- Ruby W. Wood, Esq. – Partner, Hooper, Lundy & Bookman, P.C.
- Sansan Lin, Esq. – Associate, Hooper, Lundy & Bookman, P.C.
1.5 NAMSS CEUs being requested!