Posted on November 29th, 2021
At Methodist Hospital of Southern California, every team member of our 348-bed hospital strives to provide an exceptional patient experience while exemplifying our shared values of iRAISE - Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Safety and Excellence. We achieve this through compassionate care, creating lifelong relationships by changing the way health and healthcare are delivered in our community.
We currently have a full-time opportunity on the day shift for a Medical Staff Credentialing Coordinator.
Minimum qualifications include:
- High School diploma
- Prefer a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a medical staff office or three years of experience working in a healthcare setting which is related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Working knowledge of medical staff affairs and operational processes
- Knowledge of medical credentialing and privileging processes and standards
- Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements
- Working knowledge of clinical and/or hospital operations and procedures
- Prefer current NAMSS Certification as a Certified Professional Medical Services Manager (CPMSM) or Certified Provider Credentials Specialist (CPCS) or actively pursuing certification and achieve within five years of employment
- Prefer knowledge of medical terminology
- Prefer Administrative Assistant and/or Secretarial education and experience
- Excellent computer and information research skills; prefer experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook is mandatory and experience with Publisher, Credentialing Software (MDStaff) and Quickbooks
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs credentialing and privileging duties as assigned, including but not limited to, the processing of applications for appointment and reappointment; completing a thorough review and analysis of practitioner applications, identification and follow up of "red flag" items; and preparing files for review and recommendation by the medical staff.
- Manages expirations of licensures, permits, certifications, health records, as well as annual dues and application fees and also ensures the accuracy of all information collected.
- Generates queries and prepares credentialing/privileging reports to ensure the flow of information and action items for medical staff committees and board of directors.
- Interprets, develops and initiates processes and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, local and government/insurance agency regulations and guidelines, as well as Medical Staff Bylaws, rules and regulations, policies and procedures; advises providers, management and administrators on compliance issues as appropriate.
- Manages the continuing medical educational activities for physicians to be in compliance with accreditation standards as assigned.
At Methodist Hospital, you’ll enjoy an excellent compensation and benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Savings Plan with match, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Free Parking, Child Care, Employee Referral Bonus Program, etc.), including professional development programs, and much more.
Living and Working in the San Gabriel Valley:
The City of Arcadia is located in the beautiful San Gabriel Valley, which is one of the best places to live and work in California and is just 15 miles north of downtown Los Angeles. The region offers a multitude of diverse entertainment, shopping and exceptional restaurant options. The San Gabriel Valley is less than an hour away from sunny Southern California beaches, and less than two hours away from local mountain resorts like Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead.
Locally, Arcadia is a wonderful, thriving community featuring the Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Gardens as well as the Santa Anita Park racetrack, and is located next to the City of Pasadena, which hosts the New Year’s Day Rose Parade and Rose Bowl game annually. The region boasts excellent public and private schools and universities close by, including Cal Tech, USC, UCLA, Cal State Northridge, Cal Poly Pomona, Azusa Pacific University and the Claremont Colleges. Arcadia was recently named “Best Place to Raise Your Kids” by Bloomberg Businessweek magazine and is the perfect place to call home.
For more information, please email Michael.Pan@methodisthospital.org or apply online at http://www.methodisthospital.org/careers. EOE
Posted on October 20th, 2021
We have a Medical Staff Services Specialist position immediately available at our Mission Viejo location, The successful hire will report to the Director/Manager of Medical Staff Services and will perform activities as assigned including meeting management and credentialing and privileging functions to comply with contractual, internal hospital / health system requirements, and external accreditation standards, state laws and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) Conditions of Participation for Hospitals.
Essential job functions:
Practitioner credentialing, privileging, and performance evaluation
Assist with application management and verification activities, preliminary analysis of application and verification information, flagging potentially adverse information for medical staff services leadership review, preliminary identification of areas where practitioners may not meet privileging or membership criteria.
- The Specialist shall monitor expiring information such as but not limited to DEA, license, professional liability insurance, and specialty board certification status; maintain and update credentials file(s) (paper and/or electronic as applicable)
- Preparation of practitioner information for review and evaluation by medical staff leaders and support of follow-up on actions taken by the organized medical staff with regard to practitioner competency management
- Support of other competency management functions such as proctoring, performance evaluations, etc. in accordance with bylaws, rules and regulations and policies and procedures
- Assures that data entry of required source verification data elements and practitioner credentials files are managed accurately in accordance with procedures as outlined in the MSSD Operations Manual
- Effectively communicates issues and ongoing status of assigned work to Director/Manager, MSSD
Meeting Management and/or Agenda Support (as assigned):
- Agenda preparation in cooperation with the Chair and/or designee
- Attend and participate in meetings; coordinate, complete follow-up tasks and provide support as needed for meeting preparation(s)
- Assure that all minutes accurately reflect actions taken, the names of those present, appropriate follow up, and the responsible party
- Effectively communicates relevant information, issues, follow up, and ongoing status accordingly.
Policies, Procedures and Documents
- In conjunction with the Director and/or Manager, assist in the maintenance and protection of medical staff policies, procedures, credentials files and departmental documents.
Miscellaneous and Other Tasks:
- Maintains a working knowledge of all computer applications needed for position including facility specific credentialing software database, Word, Excel and PowerPoint (as applicable)
- The Specialist may be assigned various tasks such as reception, filing, correspondence or other activities required to support the general operations of the Medical Staff Services Department.
- Continually strives to achieve individual team and departmental goals.
Applicants apply here: https://jobs.jobvite.com/chartis/job/oau0gfwE/apply
Posted on October 14th, 2021
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and yo We invite you to join our team of highly skilled professionals at Northridge Hospital. We are looking for an experienced Medical Staff Credentialing Coordinator. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is detailed oriented, proactive, and professional. In this position, you are responsible for maintaining, verifying all aspects of the credentialing process. You can interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast pace environment. In this role, you need to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial. You will be the trusted partner.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Medical Staff Credentials Coordinator will be responsible for performing the credentialing of new applicants/ re-applicants which would include such tasks as processing the applications, identification of problem issues, as requested.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills required.
- All employees are expected to perform their duties in alignment with the vision and values of the organization.
- The Medical Staff Credentials Coordinator is responsible for a variety of tasks that lead to a high level of customer satisfaction in the most cost-effective manner with respect and dignity.
Ideal candidate criteria
- Comfortable with Google Suite and Google Calendar
- Extremely strong time management and organization skills
- Sound judgment, maturity, and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude, with an independent disposition and a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Professional and positive customer service-driven approach
- Superb interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a small team
- The qualified candidate will have a minimum of two years of medical staff experience, including credentialing functions, in either a hospital or managed care environment.
- High School Diploma
- CPCS (Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist) or CPMSM (Certified Professional Medical Service Management) is preferred.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Free membership to our Care@Work program helping employees with childcare, pet care, or dependent adults
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- ur family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
If you are dedicated, hardworking, and have a positive attitude, we invite you to apply to join our team.
If you are ready to experience a culture driven by talent, technology, innovation, and humankindness, connect with us today! Applicants apply directly on our website: https://www.commonspirit.careers/job/los-angeles/medical-staff-credentials-coordinator/35300/1275093318