ATTENTION: Employers and recruiters can advertise their current job opening and vacancy on the CAMSS website.
The information and cost for job postings on the CAMSS website is as follows:
- 30 Days – 100.00 (no revisions once posted)
- 3 Months – 150.00 (savings of 50.00) (with 1 free revision if needed)
- Revision price is 25.00 per revision/reposting
- Please provide a detailed job description and include contact information with how/to whom applicants should apply as well as a contact person for the posting
- Provide contact person of who will be responsible for payment
- Credit Card Payment through PayPal – please await an invoice from the CAMSS Treasurer in order to pay via credit card
♦ Job listing will be posted within 3 business days if paying via credit card
- Via Check :
♦ Payable to “CAMSS”
♦ Memo/note – Job posting, date and hospital name
♦ Send check to – Brian Bowlin – CAMSS Treasurer – 12277 Apple Valley Rd, #292, Apple Valley CA 92308
♦ *Please note, job will NOT be posted until check has been received
Quick Links to Job Listings
- Credentialing Coordinator (Office of Integrated Credentialing), Keck Medicine of USC, Los Angeles, CA
- Medical Staff Services Coordinator - Cottage Health, Santa Barbara, CA
- Medical Staff Coordinator, Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Medical Staff Services Specialist/Credentialing Assistant, The Greeley Company, CA
- Director Medical Staff Services, Sharp Memorial Hospital, San Diego, CA
Current Job Listings
Posted on March 26th, 2021
Our Department of Integrated Credentialing team is growing as Keck Medicine of USC continues to expand. We have an opening for an experienced Credentialing Coordinator to join our growing team.
Behind every patient success is the dedication of a unique team of skilled and talented individuals who help make up Keck Medicine of USC.
As a member of the USC health care team, you will help build upon the university’s exceptional expertise in patient care as well taking advantage of our excellent compensation package.
The Credentialing Coordinator provides support to the Keck Medicine of USC (USC Care Medical Group, Keck Hospital of USC, USC Norris Cancer Hospital, and USC Verdugo Hills Hospital), performing practitioner credentialing, re-credentialing, and annual evaluations.
HS Diploma or GED required
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5 years’ experience as a credentialing professional preferred
- Hospital or multi-entity credentialing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission standards, DNV, NCQA, Title 22, and CMS regulations pertaining to the organized medical staff.
- Knowledge of medical staff/credentialing principles, practices, quality assessment, performance improvement functions, and legal concepts related to the organized medical staff.
- Experience in medical group credentialing/provider enrollment desired
- Valid CPMSM or CPCS certification by the National Association of Medical Staff Services.
- If not certified, must achieve certification within 2 years of hire.
- A Fire and Safety card must be presented upon hire or must be obtained at our facility within the first 30 days of hire and maintained by renewing before expiration date.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Interested Applicants must apply online at: https://usccareers.usc.edu/job/los-angeles/credentialing-coordinator-integrated-credentialing-full-time-8-hour-days-non-exempt-non-union/1209/5533091264
Feel free to also email your resume with the subject heading of “Credentialing Coordinator position” to David Zandueta, Recruiter of Keck Medicine of USC at email: David.Zandueta@med.usc.edu
Posted on March 7th, 2021
Cottage Health seeks experienced Medical Staff Services Coordinator to support the Medical Staff Office and organization leadership to manage projects related to information gathering and developing reports, dashboards, and documents for use by the Medical Staff Office. Responsible for performing continual analysis of provider database with emphasis on validating and improving data integrity and efficiency of department information processes to ensure uniformity, accuracy, and compliance with The Joint Commission Standards, and other regulatory agency standards. Performs credentialing process for reappointment of current medical staff, medical staff meeting management, and other assignments of Medical Staff Services.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook skills
- Minimum 45 wpm keyboarding/typing speed
- Medical terminology
- Proficient with medical staff credentialing software
- Current NAMSS Certification (National Association of Medical Staff Services)
- 7 years of experience in Medical Staff Services. Working with related database systems, preferably MD-Staff Software is preferred.
Cottage Health was once again recognized in the top 10 best places to work in healthcare by Fortune. As a non-profit healthcare system we are dedicated to the well-being of our community and beyond. We offer an excellent compensation package that includes above market salaries, premium medical benefits, pension plans, and tax savings accounts. Apply online at www.cottagehealth.org or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cottage Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cottage Health applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, gender, transgender, gender expression and identity, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of the relationship between Cottage Health and an applicant or employee. Cottage Health is committed to upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. We strive to cultivate an environment where exceptional people bring diverse perspectives and find belonging, support and connection to their work.
Any Cottage Health applicants who require assistance or reasonable accommodations during the application process may request the need for accommodation with the Recruiter.
Posted on February 12th, 2021
Founded in 1887, Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II trauma center, the Los Angeles Center for Women’s Health, obstetrics and pediatric services, and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest health care systems.
Visit us at: https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/californiahospital for more information.
The Medical Staff Meeting Coordinator is responsible for preparation of agendas, minutes and timely follow up for Medical Staff meetings; maintains and oversees all calendar coordination for meetings, virtual platforms, and/or room set-up, notices, calendar scheduling, and facilitates Information Systems as needed. This position is responsible for ER Call Panel arrangements and maintains a system for current documentation for medical staff expirables. In addition, some credentialing and re-credentialing functions are required. This position reports to the Director of Medical Staff Services.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 3-5 years minimum experience in Medical Staff Services.
- Experience in CACTUS software or equal credentialing program.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission and CMS standards and Title XXII regulations.
- Possess excellent spelling and grammar skills. Ability to compose letters/memorandums and professional correspondence,
- Effective communication skills and excellent planning skills in order to prioritize responsibilities and perform tasks with little to no supervision within specified time frames and tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Workspace).
- Ability to adapt to flexible work schedules and frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to understand and process basic credentialing functions including but not limited to processing temporary privileges and screening new practitioner applications.
- Associate Degree in Medical Staff Services Management or equivalent courses, training and experience preferred.
- CPMSM or CPCS preferred or completing track for certification.
For immediate consideration, please visit our Careers website to learn more about this exciting position and how to apply at:
Additionally, to learn more about our mission and our values, as well as other career opportunities at our various CommonSpirit Health facilities, click here.
Posted on February 2nd, 2021
Join the Greeley team, a Chartis Company. Our mission is to materially improve the way healthcare is delivered to the world.
The Greeley team has career opportunities available in Southern CA.
Under the direction of the Director or Manager of Medical Staff Services, performs assigned activities, as applicable:
- running physician or practitioner activity reports,
- maintaining practitioner directories,
- assisting and/or performing application management and verification activities i.e., processing initial appointments and / or reappointments,
- standardized data entry,
- credentials file preliminary review to determine whether the practitioner meets privileging or membership criteria,
- finalizing credentials file completion process i.e., database updates, notifications, correspondence,
- monitoring expiring information,
- facilitating and tracking initial monitoring i.e., FPPE
- other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 Years’ experience in credentialing and privileging, within an acute healthcare setting is preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
For consideration, please submit your resume to Mike Bunch at email@example.com.
Posted on January 21st, 2021
About Sharp Memorial Hospital
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Person-Centered Care Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Sharp Memorial Hospital Recent Awards and Recognitions
- Fall 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade Survey - A for Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Bronze Standard Level 3 accreditation as an "Accredited Senior-Friendly Emergency Department" by the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) - Sharp Memorial Hospital
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award - Sharp Memorial Hospital
- 2020 & 2019 - San Diego Union-Tribune "San Diego's Best" Hospital Single Location - Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Newsweek "World's Best Hospitals 2019" - Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Joint Commission Three-Year Accreditation 2018 - Sharp Memorial Hospital
Sharp HealthCare is a not-for-profit integrated regional health care delivery system based in San Diego, California. Sharp includes four acute care hospitals, three specialty hospitals, two affiliated medical groups, a health plan, plus a full spectrum of other facilities and services. Serving a population of approximately 3 million in San Diego County, Sharp has more than 19,000 employees and 3,000 affiliated physicians on medical staffs and operates 1,850 beds.
The Sharp Experience is our unique, system wide commitment to transforming the health care experience in San Diego by becoming the best place to work, practice medicine and receive care.
Sharp HealthCare Awards and Recognitions
Sharp HealthCare Benefits
Director Medical Staff Services – Sharp Memorial Hospital
Director Medical Staff Services works with Hospital Administration and the Medical Staff, directing and coordinating administrative support. Provides resources needed for the Medical Staff enabling them to fulfill their duties and obligations as defined by State and National regulatory agencies and the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations as delegated by the Hospital's Board of Trustees.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Medical Staff Services required.
- Knowledge of medico legal issues, laws, regulatory agency requirements and standards.
- Possesses strong interpersonal and management skills.
- Requires independent problem solving and decision-making abilities, flexibility, perseverance and fortitude.
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Master’s Degree preferred or equivalent training and experience.
- Certified Medical Staff Coordinator or eligible for certification, or actively pursuing NAMSS Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or NAMSS Medical Services Management (CPMSM) certification.
Provides professional guidance and administrative support to the Medical Staff. Provides ongoing direction and supervision of Medical Staff Office personnel. Oversees and assures compliance of monthly committee, department and Medical Staff meetings as addressed in the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations. Oversees, develops, and maintains an up-to-date electronic database for all currently approved appointees to be used for credentialing purposes and for appropriate in-house departments. Initiates, oversees, administers, verifies, complies, manages, and maintains confidential research required for credentialing activities. Improves professional growth, knowledge of job to maintain efficiency and effectiveness of the Medical Staff office by belonging to professional organizations. Reviews and acts upon recommendations received by JCAHO, Risk Management, legal and other federal or state regulations and hospital Mission Statement. Researches and prepares operation, capital equipment and personnel budgets and forwards to Administration. Monitors expenses of the department to stay within approved budgets.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Possesses strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to medical staff leaders, administrative personnel and others both verbally and in writing. Excellent verbal communication in one-on-one situations and in groups. Ability to make formal presentations
- Shows initiative in responding to the changing role of the Medical Staff organization and is proactive in meeting those challenges
- Ability to solve problems and resolve conflicts
- Possesses comprehensive expertise and knowledge in Medical Staff leadership. Ability to prioritize assignments
- Ability to adapt to flexible work schedule
- Exhibits professional appearance and demeanor
Compensation and Benefits:
The position provides a very competitive compensation, including opportunity to participate in a management bonus incentive program along with a generous benefit package.
Members of and applicants to the Medical Staff; Administration, Hospital Staff, Board of Trustees, Public.
Please note: Unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.