Posted on March 1st, 2024
Director of Medical Staff Offices
Immediate Position: On-site Interim Director of Medical Staff Office
Central Valley (California)
Seeking a Director of Medical Staff Office for a network of hospitals located in Central California. Experience managing multiple Medical Staff Offices as a Regional Director is preferred.
Director of Medical Staff Office administers medical staff credentialing, privileging, appointment and reappointment process, and assists the medical staff in supporting the organization’s mission, vision, and goals.
Director of Medical Staff Office will be responsible for maintaining compliance with applicable regulatory agencies, i.e., Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services (CMS), The Joint Commission (TJC), California Department of Public Health (CDPH), DHS; federal and state regulations; bylaws, rules and regulations of medical staff and hospitals and policies and procedures related to medical staff. Oversees management of administrative duties including employee hiring, training, development, evaluation, job description development, policy development and new employee orientation. Exhibits responsibility and accountability for departmental services. Serves as a liaison to ensure Medical Staff applications, appointments, privileges, credentialing, and administrative support services for the medical staff, and appropriate health professionals are coordinated in a thorough, accurate and timely manner. Ensure timely and efficient process by coordinating the credentialing and privileging of new physicians through the maintenance of credentialing database system. Ensures Medical Staff Office and credentialing program is in compliance with Medical Staff standards, of The Joint Commission, legal and all regulatory and accrediting agency standards. Interprets, explains and follows all regulatory guidelines, including medical staff bylaws, fair hearing plan, rules and regulations and policies.
• Current Certified Professional Medical Staff Management (CPMSM) with the National Association Medical Staff Services
• Minimum five years of experience in the capacity of a Director of Medical Staff Office
• Knowledge of State, Federal, and Joint Commission regulations
• Working knowledge of accreditation process and standards, health care and credentialing industry, regulatory and legal requirements and other national standards
• Demonstrates success and experience in medical staff services
• Experience working with governance processes essential
• Significant experience and knowledge in working with other healthcare organizations such as hospitals, managed care, credentialing verification organizations and ambulatory care
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and diplomacy
• Effective written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with various individuals both inside and outside the organization
• Proficient with computer systems including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite
To apply contact:
Robin Vann, Talent Acquisition Manager
PRS Credentialing Services, LLC
Phone: (888) 587-5524 Ext. 4
Posted on January 8th, 2024
Medical Staff Coordinator
Full time, 8 hours days (exempt), in office only – not remote
About Providence St. Joseph Hospital: At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of “Know me, care for me, ease my way.” Working at our family of organizations means that regardless of your role, we’ll walk alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class benefits, and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is essential, heard, and respected. At the forefront of medical innovation and medical triumph, St. Joseph Hospital offers nearly every medical specialty and sub-specialty with an unparalleled standard of care. Providence St. Joseph Hospital is a 463-bed hospital with approximately 1200 credentialed providers, serving our community with compassionate, quality care for more than 90 years.
About the Position: We’re seeking a full time Medical Staff Coordinator to join our dynamic Medical Staff Services team. The essential duties of this role include:
- Meeting organization and support for committees and departments of the organized Medical Staff, including agenda preparation, minutes, and follow up.
- Assist with oversight of peer review activities of the Medical Staff, including OPPE and FPPE.
- Communicate regularly with hospital and Medical Staff leadership on issues relating to patient care and/or professionalism.
- Organizes and coordinates efficiencies in workflow management to accomplish departmental objectives.
- Develops and provides resources for Medical Staff leaders, including Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, policies and procedures, organizational issues, accreditation requirements, and privileging and credentialing requirements.
Qualifications for the Position:
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a Medical Staff Office
- CPCS or CPMSM certification or eligibility for certification upon hire
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to learn and grow in the position
- Experience with MD Staff is preferred but not required.
Interested candidates should apply online at: https://providence-california.jobs/orange-ca/medical-staff-coordinator-medical-staff-admin/F40676D9066D40F7A916238D819C23D9/job/ Candidates can also send a resume and any questions to Beth Miller, Sr. Manager, Medical Staff Services at Beth.Miller@stjoe.org
Posted on December 6th, 2023
INSPIRING HEALTHY LIVES
At Natividad, our dedication to the people of Monterey County is at the heart of everything we do—from the health care services we provide to the specialized programs we promote. This commitment to our community spans more than 130 years and, more importantly, has touched countless lives. It has also earned us a Joint Commission ranking in the top percentile of hospitals nationwide. If you believe in inspiring healthy lives by focusing on community-based care, consider joining Natividad today.
MANAGER OF MEDICAL STAFF SERVICES (MEDICAL STAFF COORDINATOR)
Natividad is currently seeking a full-time permanent Manager of Medical Staff Services. Under general direction, the Manager of Medical Staff Services coordinates and supervises the administrative services function of the Medical Staff Office at Natividad. This incumbent is responsible for establishing and implementing administrative policies and procedures which comply with applicable regulatory and accreditation requirements; and acting as a liaison and resource person between the Medical and Nursing Staff, Natividad Administration and the Community.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinate and supervise daily administrative operations of the medical staff section.
- Monitor the administrative operational procedures of the medical staff section; conduct analytical studies; evaluate alternatives; develop and implement recommendations.
- Coordinate physician credentialing process for medical staff members and allied health professionals; ensure timely filings; monitor process for regulatory compliance; analyze current administrative processing procedures and revise/develop new procedures when necessary.
- Coordinate TJC accreditation process for medical staff services.
- Monitor and coordinate Quality Assurance Activities for medical staff services by interpreting regulations and requirements, and verifying compliance.
- Develop medical staff administrative systems, policies and procedures; coordinate management input, review and approval.
- Coordinate and supervise the medical staff proctoring system; prepare reports and monitor for compliance as required by Hospital Bylaws.
- Assist in the development of short- and long-range planning for medical staff services by researching current policies and procedures; meeting with Departmental staff and soliciting input; researching outside resource materials, regulations and requirements; and writing draft policies and procedures for medical staff review.
- Supervise the maintenance of Division credential and peer review files and records of all Medical Staff members; supervise the retrieval of medical records where appropriate; develop file and record maintenance procedures.
- Act as resource person to the Medical Staff Organization by interpreting Medical Staff by-laws, Medical Staff rules, department regulations, TJC, Title 22 and any other regulations that may reference accreditation, quality control and confidentiality of Medical Staff documents.
- Supervise and coordinate the scheduling of medical staff committee meetings and monthly on-call schedules; supervise agenda preparation; monitor meeting follow-up activity.
- Meet with hospital personnel, physicians and/or patients regarding complaints on issues of patient care; recommend action and coordinate the satisfactory resolution of complaints and/or issues; analyze procedures regarding complaint process; revise existing and/or develop new complaint processing procedures.
- Participate in various medical staff committee meetings by acting as a resource person; respond to requests for information by researching pertinent data, compiling information and writing reports, etc.
- Plan, organize, assign and evaluate the work of subordinate staff; counsel employees, appraise performance, prepare documentation, and recommend discipline or performance recognition; interview and recommend, or select candidates for employment; provide for employee training and development; guide subordinates in a variety of administrative support tasks.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through various types of experience, education or training, typically:
OPTION I: An Associate Degree in Medical Staff Management and one year of experience performing administrative support duties in a healthcare setting
OPTION II: Any combination of training, education and experience which provides at least three years of work experience performing administrative support duties in a healthcare setting. At least one of the three years must have been in a first-line supervisory or office management level.
Registration as a Medical Staff Services Professional, or a Bachelor's degree in a health related discipline is desirable.
Thorough knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of business administration and office management.
- Principles and methods of supervision and management, including work planning, analysis and organization; selection and evaluation of employees, and their training and development.
- Capabilities and applications of electronic management information systems including word processing and spread sheet applications.
- Typical administrative policies, bylaws, regulations and procedures used in health care organizations, (e.g., The Joint Commission, Title XXII).
- Techniques of effective report writing and office correspondence.
For application materials, contact Natividad, HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd, Bldg 300, Salinas, CA 93906; call us at (831) 783-2700; or apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/montereycounty/jobs/4293438/manager-of-medical-staff-services?page=2&pagetype=transferJobs or visit http://www.natividad.com.
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NatividadInspiringHealthyLives/ EOE/M/F/H/V
Posted on January 31st, 2024
The Medical Staff Coordinator provides support to the organized Medical Staff via meeting management, practitioner credentialing and re-credentialing.
- Meeting Management Schedule meetings by booking rooms, ordering refreshments and room set up as needed. Send meeting notices at least 7 days prior to regularly scheduled meetings. Prepare Draft paper and electronic agenda and electronic meeting book. Collect back up documents for inclusion in electronic meeting book. Release Agenda and electronic meeting packet to the chair / chief prior to the meeting. Take and prepare minutes for each meeting. Minutes and action items to be completed prior to each Medical Executive Committee meeting. Complete follow up memos and inquires and other actions with 14 days of meeting. Prepare and distributes monthly meeting calendar, processed per policy New attending staff are badged courteously
- Expirables Management Responsible for managing the expiring document process prior to updating the provider database. Verifies current license, malpractice insurance, DEA certification and other applicable certifications. Contact practitioner prior to expiration of documents, notifies department coordinators/administrators and/or facilities of impending expirations. Process includes accurate data entry and image scanning.
- Credentialing Management of IDPC and/or Integrated Credentials Committee meetings - performed per “Meeting Management” standards above Processes initial credentialing and reappointment applications, reviews for completeness, verifies information through appropriate resources, monitors expirables and processes the applications through the necessary Medical Staff committees in a timely manner and as defined in Credentialing Policies and the Medical Staff Bylaws. Maintains paper credentials files and physician databases to insure information contained is accurate and current, and coordinates follow-up files to appropriate committees. Notification to new applicants of initial appointment including appointment letters, proctoring requirements, ID number, ID badge etc. Maintains on-going tickler system for reappointment of staff members per the time schedule established by the Medical Staff bylaws, identifies staff members seven months prior to the expiration their term of appointment, and sends reappointment packages
- Processes reappointment/recredentialing applications including gathering OPPE and other quality data, verification of all required elements in accordance with Credentialing Policies and Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and submitting to Department Chairs/Chief and committees for review. Processes New / revised privilege requests within one week of receipt to including supporting documentation of training and/or experience and necessary review and approvals. Responsible for obtaining approval signatures on applications and delineation of privileges forms, notification of applicants and/or member of credentialing decisions via Governing Board letters and filing completed packets. Proctoring reports are recorded in database when requisite number have been completed in accordance with Proctoring policy, prepares report for review and approval by Chair/Chief and committees.
- Temporary privileges for applicants as well as non-staff providers are processed per Temporary Privileges policy including maintaining the Temporary Privileges log. Participates in facility/credentialing preparation for site visits and licensing/accreditation surveys participates in facility/credentialing preparation for site visits and licensing/accreditation surveys. Ensures maximum confidentiality, accuracy, security, and appropriate access of all data and records, and provides maximum protection from discoverability of all information controlled.
- Graduate Medical Education / Resident and Student Services Residents and medical students are registered upon presentation as needed to assist Office of Academic Affairs.
- Health Sciences Library Books and journals are maintained per policy Library appearance is maintained in a neat and orderly fashion
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school or equivalent
- Knowledge of Joint Commission standards, Title 22, and CMS regulations pertaining to the organized medical staff.
- Knowledge of medical staff principles, practices, quality assessment, performance improvement functions, and legal concepts related to the organized medical staff.
- Organization/time management skills.
- Excellent skills in use of personal computer software programs including but not limited to MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Associate's degree in related field Or
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 10 years Experience as a medical staff services professional.
- Medical Staff Services Certification Valid CPCS or CPMSM by the National Association of Medical Staff Services (or equivalent five years experience as medical staff professional).
- Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
Link to apply: