ATTENTION: Employers and recruiters can advertise their current job opening and vacancy on the CAMSS website.
The information and cost for job postings on the CAMSS website is as follows:
- 30 Days – 100.00 (no revisions once posted)
- 3 Months – 150.00 (savings of 50.00) (with 1 free revision if needed)
- Revision price is 25.00 per revision/reposting
- Please provide a detailed job description and include contact information with how/to whom applicants should apply as well as a contact person for the posting
- Provide contact person of who will be responsible for payment
- Credit Card Payment through PayPal – please await an invoice from the CAMSS Treasurer in order to pay via credit card
♦ Job listing will be posted within 3 business days if paying via credit card
- Via Check :
♦ Payable to “CAMSS”
♦ Memo/note – Job posting, date and hospital name
♦ Send check to – Brian Bowlin – CAMSS Treasurer – 12277 Apple Valley Rd, #292, Apple Valley CA 92308
♦ *Please note, job will NOT be posted until check has been received
- Send email to email@example.com and CC firstname.lastname@example.org with required posting and payment information.
- A confirmation email will be sent with an invoice along with instructions to view your job listing online and review for any errors.
- Please direct inquiries regarding billing/payment to the CAMSS Treasurer at email@example.com.
Quick Links to Job Listings
- Medical Staff Coordinator/Analyst (On-Site), UCLA Health, Los Angeles, CA
- Medical Staff Services Specialist, UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA
- Medical Staff Coordinator, Adventist Health White Memorial, Los Angeles, CA
- Medical Staff Coordinator, San Antonio Regional Hospital, Upland, CA
- Medical Staff Coordinator, Keck Medical Center of USC, Los Angeles, CA - Health Sciences Campus
- Manager of Medical Staff Services, Natividad, Salinas, CA
Current Job Listings
Posted on January 27th, 2023
You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
Within our high volume, goal-driven environment, you will help elevate the productivity of the Medical Staff Office. You will be primarily responsible for being the point of contact for certain specialties and their providers as gatekeepers of the medical staff process. You will serve as a liaison between the medical staff and all hospital departments to coordinate and provide overall continuity of medical staff activities Along with providing due diligence to credentialing applications, you will also be involved with anything operational related to UCLA Health Bylaws and Policies and Procedures. Your role may also involve the preparation of agendas and related materials for medical staff meetings and peer review activities. You will also monitor compliance with medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, and policies and procedures.
Note: This position is located in Los Angeles, CA and does require to be on-site.
Salary range: $47200.00-$108800.00 Annual
We’re seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented team player with:
- Related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) preferred
- Background with online application module of credentialing software a plus
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding organizational, prioritizing and multitasking abilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and with constantly changing deadlines and priorities
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and medical credentialing database applications
- Ability to apply external regulatory guidelines and internal policies to assess and monitor compliance and effectiveness of processes preferred
- In-depth knowledge of data management and documentation methods used in medical credentialing a plus
Interested candidates apply online at:
UCLA Health is a world-renowned health system with four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary care practices, specialty practices, urgent care centers and other ancillary locations throughout metro Los Angeles as well as the David Geffen School of Medicine. Through the efforts of our outstanding people, we have become Los Angeles’ trusted provider of exceptional, compassionate patient care. If you’re looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, UCan at UCLA Health.
Posted on January 27th, 2023
Medical Staff Services Specialist
Salary Range: $2,061.60 - $3,916.00 Biweekly
Medical and Regulatory Affairs has overall responsibility for the management of the credentialing and privileging process at UC Davis Health. The quality and safety of patient care is ensured through the formal, technical, and precise credentialing and privileging of Attending Physicians, Dentists, Clinical Fellows, Nurse Practitioners, Psychologists and other Advanced Practice Professionals, Under the general supervision of the Director, Medical and Regulatory Affairs and Medical Staff Services Supervisor, the Medical Staff Services Specialist 4 is a technical expert professional who understands credentialing and privileging theory and applies it with in-depth understanding of regulations and principles.. The position has primary independent responsibility for management of the evaluation of the clinical qualifications of providers through the process of performing the full range of credentialing and privileging responsibilities and serves as the liaison and expert for the applications submitted to the credentials and Privileges Committee, Medical Staff Executive Committee and Governing Body. The position must possess broad knowledge of the field of credentialing and privileging, analyzes problems and issues of diverse scope and determines solutions to problems and challenges. Responsibilities include technical expertise as a database analyst for Echo credentialing program. Work is performed independently with little or no supervision. This position requires a high level of analytical skills, judgment, creativity, organizational and priority setting abilities.
• Applicants are encouraged to upload license and certification if required of the position.
• Certification as a CPCS (Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist) or CPMSM (Certified Professional in Medical Services Management
• Extensive years of experience in medical credentialing or similar equivalent roles
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Credentialing and Privileging principles and theories.
• Skills to independently apply external regulatory guidelines dictated by California and Federal law and regulatory agency standards pertaining to credentialing in the healthcare industry (i.e., CMS, Title 22, The Joint Commission, NCQA and/or other accrediting bodies) and internal administrative policies
• Advanced critical thinking, research, investigatory, and analytical skills to solve problems and propose solutions through the critical thinking process
• Advanced knowledge and skills to assess and monitor credentialing theory, compliance and effectiveness of credentialing and privileging processes
• Advanced knowledge of medical terminology and medical and surgical procedures
• Advanced organizational skills to independently set and meet deadlines while multi-tasking and assigning precedence to competing priorities; to see multiple assignments through to completion on deadline and according to organizational goals
• Skills to work collaboratively.
• Skills to coordinate and integrate with others throughout the department, hospital and campus.
• Skills to communicate through all mediums and with all groups; often working under pressure of constantly changing deadlines and priorities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Thorough knowledge of data management and documentation methods used in medical credentialing
• Demonstrated computer and database knowledge, along with MS Office proficiency and ability to effectively use the credentialing database application.
• This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
• The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Policy (ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at http://220.127.116.11/counter.php?id=249210
Job ID 44691
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on January 27th, 2023
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Medical Staff Coordinator who:
Acts as liaison between organization administration and the medical staff. Processes initial medical staff applications for presentation and approval. Manages medical staff committees and supports medical staff leadership. Coordinates small program(s) with limited budget/impact.
- Maintains a positive relationship with medical staff leadership, representing administrative issues successfully to influence collaboration between physicians and leadership. Maintains strict confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the medical staff.
- Assumes responsibility for meeting management (agenda preparation, minutes, meeting follow-up, etc.) for assigned medical staff departments and committee functions.
- Engages in credentialing functions for medical and allied health staff, which may include: appointment, reappointment, privileging, ongoing professional practice evaluation, focused professional practice evaluations/proctoring, and provisional review to ensure compliance with medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, state and federal requirements and accreditation standards. Interfaces with various departments and physicians to provide and interpret relevant data enabling identification of any practitioners who may not meet the standards of care for the community.
- Maintains current knowledge of medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, hospital policies related to medical staff and regulatory agency requirements.
- Maintains medical staff database and official rosters and call schedules. Maintains medical staff documents, policies and procedures in such a way as to comply with regulatory requirements. Manages medical staff dues & fees.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Five years experience with increased responsibility in a medical staff services department or other related setting: Preferred
The estimated base pay for this position is $27.89 to $41.80. Additional individual compensation may be available for this role through years of experience, differentials, extra shift incentives, bonuses, etc. Base pay is only a portion of the total rewards package and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions. Please contact our Talent Acquisition team for more information.
TO APPLY go to: https://careers.adventisthealth.org/jobs/medical-staff-coordinator-56480
Posted on December 30th, 2022
Coordination of credentialing, re-credentialing, Medical Staff. Committee activities, peer review and other Medical Staff functions as needed. Responsible for providing support to the medical and allied health staff with credentialing and privileging activities, committee activities, assuring compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards, SARH bylaws, rule and regulations, and other related MSS functions as needed.
Education: High School Diploma or GED; prefer Associate's degree or equivalent training and experience.
Experience: This individual has a minimum of 3 years experience in a hospital environment involving medical staff related functions. The applicant shall have a minimum of three (3) years Medical Staff office and/or credentialing experience.
Knowledge and Skills: Medical Staff functions, i.e. Credentialing process, privileging, and peer review; working knowledge of Joint Commission, CME and Title 22 standards for Medical Staff functions; Medical Staff Bylaws/Rules & Regulations as well as Robert's Rules of Order and of credentialing, governance (Bylaws, Rules and Regs), and privileging.
License/Certifications: CPCS certification preferred. CPSC or CPMSM NAMSS certification preferred.
Applicants, to learn more and to apply, click here: Medical Staff Coordinator in | Careers at San Antonio Regional Hospital (icims.com)
Posted on November 16th, 2022
The Medical Staff Coordinator provides support to the organized Medical Staff via meeting management, practitioner privileging, FPPE, and OPPE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate/Bachelor Degree preferred
- Minimum two years experience providing administrative/office support in an acute care facility or large healthcare organization in which duties included multiple tasks
- Five years experience as a medical staff services professional preferred
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for interaction with peers, patients, physicians, and other customers of the medical center
- Knowledge of Joint Commission standards, Title 22, and CMS regulations pertaining to the organized medical staff
- Knowledge of medical staff principles, practices, quality assessment, performance improvement functions, and legal concepts related to the organized medical staff
- Valid CPCS or CPMSM by the National Association of Medical Staff Services (or equivalent five years experience as medical staff professional) preferred.
Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC’s Clery Act Annual Security Report
Notice on Non-Discrimination
Certain positions are subject to background screening
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination
USC is an E-Verify Employer
Posted on November 16th, 2022
INSPIRING HEALTHY LIVES through leadership
At Natividad, our dedication to the people of Monterey County is at the heart of everything we do—from the health care services we provide to the specialized programs we promote. This commitment to our community spans more than 130 years and, more importantly, has touched countless lives. It has also earned us a Joint Commission ranking in the top percentile of hospitals nationwide. If you believe in inspiring healthy lives by focusing on community-based care, consider joining Natividad today.
MANAGER OF MEDICAL STAFF SERVICES (MEDICAL STAFF COORDINATOR)
Natividad is currently seeking a full-time permanent Manager of Medical Staff Services. Under general direction, the Manager of Medical Staff Services coordinates and supervises the administrative services function of the Medical Staff Office at Natividad. This incumbent is responsible for establishing and implementing administrative policies and procedures which comply with applicable regulatory and accreditation requirements; and acting as a liaison and resource person between the Medical and Nursing Staff, Natividad Administration and the Community.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinate and supervise daily administrative operations of the medical staff section.
- Monitor the administrative operational procedures of the medical staff section; conduct analytical studies; evaluate alternatives; develop and implement recommendations.
- Coordinate physician credentialing process for medical staff members and allied health professionals; ensure timely filings; monitor process for regulatory compliance; analyze current administrative processing procedures and revise/develop new procedures when necessary.
- Coordinate TJC accreditation process for medical staff services.
- Monitor and coordinate Quality Assurance Activities for medical staff services by interpreting regulations and requirements, and verifying compliance.
- Develop medical staff administrative systems, policies and procedures; coordinate management input, review and approval.
- Coordinate and supervise the medical staff proctoring system; prepare reports and monitor for compliance as required by Hospital Bylaws.
- Assist in the development of short- and long-range planning for medical staff services by researching current policies and procedures; meeting with Departmental staff and soliciting input; researching outside resource materials, regulations and requirements; and writing draft policies and procedures for medical staff review.
- Supervise the maintenance of Division credential and peer review files and records of all Medical Staff members; supervise the retrieval of medical records where appropriate; develop file and record maintenance procedures.
- Act as resource person to the Medical Staff Organization by interpreting Medical Staff by-laws, Medical Staff rules, department regulations, TJC, Title 22 and any other regulations that may reference accreditation, quality control and confidentiality of Medical Staff documents.
- Supervise and coordinate the scheduling of medical staff committee meetings and monthly on-call schedules; supervise agenda preparation; monitor meeting follow-up activity.
- Meet with hospital personnel, physicians and/or patients regarding complaints on issues of patient care; recommend action and coordinate the satisfactory resolution of complaints and/or issues; analyze procedures regarding complaint process; revise existing and/or develop new complaint processing procedures.
- Participate in various medical staff committee meetings by acting as a resource person; respond to requests for information by researching pertinent data, compiling information and writing reports, etc.
- Plan, organize, assign and evaluate the work of subordinate staff; counsel employees, appraise performance, prepare documentation, and recommend discipline or performance recognition; interview and recommend, or select candidates for employment; provide for employee training and development; guide subordinates in a variety of administrative support tasks.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through various types of experience, education or training, typically:
OPTION I: An Associate Degree in Medical Staff Management and one year of experience performing administrative support duties in a healthcare setting
OPTION II: Any combination of training, education and experience which provides at least three years of work experience performing administrative support duties in a healthcare setting. At least one of the three years must have been in a first-line supervisory or office management level.
Registration as Medical Staff Services Professional, or a Bachelor's degree in a health related discipline is desirable.
Thorough knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of business administration and office management.
- Principles and methods of supervision and management, including work planning, analysis and organization; selection and evaluation of employees, and their training and development.
- Capabilities and applications of electronic management information systems including word processing and spread sheet applications.
- Typical administrative policies, bylaws, regulations and procedures used in health care organizations, (e.g., The Joint Commission, Title XXII).
- Techniques of effective report writing and office correspondence.
For application materials, contact Natividad, HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd, Bldg 300, Salinas, CA 93906; call us at (831) 783-2700; or apply online at www.natividad.com. Like us on Facebook: