ATTENTION: Employers and recruiters can advertise their current job opening and vacancy on the CAMSS website.
The information and cost for job postings on the CAMSS website is as follows:
- 30 Days – 100.00 (no revisions once posted)
- 3 Months – 150.00 (savings of 50.00) (with 1 free revision if needed)
- Revision price is 25.00 per revision/reposting
- Please provide a detailed job description and include contact information with how/to whom applicants should apply as well as a contact person for the posting
- Provide contact person of who will be responsible for payment
- Credit Card Payment through PayPal – please await an invoice from the CAMSS Treasurer in order to pay via credit card
♦ Job listing will be posted within 3 business days if paying via credit card
- Via Check :
♦ Payable to “CAMSS”
♦ Memo/note – Job posting, date and hospital name
♦ Send check to – Brian Bowlin – CAMSS Treasurer – 12277 Apple Valley Rd, #292, Apple Valley CA 92308
♦ *Please note, job will NOT be posted until check has been received
Quick Links to Job Listings
- Director, Medical Staff Services, Sharp HealthCare, San Diego, CA
- Medical Staff Coordinator, Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center, Fountain Valley, CA
- Program Manager - Integrated Credentialing, Keck Medicine of USC, Los Angeles, CA
- Medical Staff Senior Coordinator, MemorialCare, Long Beach, CA
- Medical Staff Coordinator, Sharp Chula Vista, San Diego County, CA
- Director, Medical Staff Services/Credentialing, The Greeley Company
- Medical Staff Coordinator, San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital, Banning, CA
- Medical Staff Coordinator, San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital, Banning, CA
Current Job Listings
Posted on July 21st, 2021
The Sharp HealthCare Credentialing Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of credentialing and re-credentialing of health care professionals for the hospitals, medical groups and health plan. This position ensures all health care professionals are credentialed accurately and timely, which includes the responsibility of maintaining current and archive information on file and within the credentialing database. The Director is responsible for system-wide compliance with applicable credentialing standards (e.g. Joint Commission, NCQA, AAAHC).
- Manages the recruitment, training, scheduling, assignments and ongoing
- performance of Credentialing Coordinators, Data Management and other department staff
- Serves as the system-wide expert on all applicable credentialing standards (Joint Commission, NCQA, AAAHC) and State and Federal regulations
- Provides credentialing related education and training to staff and others as needed
- Maintains current knowledge of regulations and standards, and establishes department policies and procedures compliant with all requirements
- Assists in successful accreditation/regulatory surveys and delegated credentialing audits, including presentation of requested evidence of compliance and corrective action plans
- Ensure departmental compliance with HIPAA and Sharp HealthCare policies, especially those related to privacy and confidentiality
- Represents the department at entity credentials committee and other requested leadership meetings.
- Serves as liaison to entity Medical Staff Offices, Medical Executive Committees, Chiefs of Staff, health plan, medical groups, Chief Medical Officers and other physician leadership
- Provides support and service recovery to physicians, providers and other stakeholders
- Represents Share HealthCare at California Association of Medical Staff Services (CAMSS) meetings and other applicable professional forums
Credentialing & Verification Functions:
- Directs the timely and accurate completion of health care professionals credentialing and re-credentialing applications
- Directs primary source verification and collection of documentation for licensing, board certifications, proof of professional liability insurance, National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) and/or other sources as required based on Joint Commission and NCQA standards, health plan requirements and credentialing policies
- Ensures the accurate collection and documentation of all required renewal certifications (expirables) within the required time frame
- Cross trains within department to support credentialing operations and provide back-up support for key functions as needed
- Ensures appropriate notification to hospitals, health plans and medical groups of provider demographic changes as well as required documentation in the credentialing database
- Directs the processing of provider network terminations
- Collects/receives/audits disciplinary, OIG, and other reports as required (i.e. State Licensing Board, NPDB and other sanctioning bodies); takes appropriate action
- Provides consistent and timely follow-up on all outstanding credentialing/re-credentialing files, escalating issues to appropriate leadership when necessary
Data Management & Performance Improvement:
- Establishes reliable file collection, scanning, data capture and data entry procedures into the credentialing database
- Monitors the timeliness, completeness and accuracy of data collection and entry processes
- Prepares and presents reports on key performance measures to accountable leadership and committees
- Prepares credential committee reports, adverse action documentation and other required reports as requested
- Applies performance improvement and lean principles to continually evaluate and improve department performance
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory or management level experience in credentialing required.
- Minimum of five (5) years credentialing experience required.
- Expert knowledge of credentialing accreditation regulations and standards required.
- Experience managing medical staff software implementation and upgrades (especially CACTUS) preferred.
- Medical group and health plan experience preferred
- Must be able to operate applicable technology, including computer, Microsoft software, fax, copier, scanner and telephone, etc.
- Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills, listening effectively and asking questions when clarification is needed.
- Ability to plan, assign, supervise and evaluate the work of others, and to monitor goals, objectives, deadlines and priorities.
- Demonstrate accuracy, organizational and problem-solving skills. Ability to monitor work unit performance, identify opportunities, and improve processes to promote quality and safety.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to assume responsibility and exercise good judgement in making decisions within the scope of authority of the position.
- Must demonstrate and promote a positive team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to stay focused and concentrate under reasonable levels of stress and distraction.
- Must possess ability to manage change, delays, or unexpected events appropriately.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
Licensure: Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) and Certified Professional Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) certification required.
Compensation and Benefits:
The position provides a very competitive compensation, including opportunity to participate in a management bonus incentive program along with a generous benefit package.
Please note: Unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.
For a detailed job posting and to apply at:
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we celebrate our employees’ differences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Posted on July 6th, 2021
Purpose Statement / Position Summary
The Medical Staff Coordinator is responsible for performing and/or overseeing the credentialing and privileging of physicians and allied health professionals. This might include initial credentialing, reappointments, privileging (including special and temporary privileges) ongoing professional practice evaluation, proctoring, competencies, maintaining practitioner information in electronic and paper files, monitoring expiring documents, and other aspects related to credentialing and privileging. The Coordinator also supports the medical staff in its self-governance functions by supporting department and committee meetings, and assisting in the development of privileging criteria. The Coordinator may assist with researching occurrences involving physicians, and in preparing correspondence at the request of, or on behalf of, medical staff officers and committee chairs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Credentialing and Privileging—may include processing, overseeing, and/or facilitating initial and reappointment applications, privileging, requests for additional privileges or temporary privileges, pursuing expiring documents, overseeing proctoring and/or annual competencies, and coordinating ongoing professional practice evaluation (OPPE).
- Meeting Management—may include preparing and sending meeting notices, preparing agendas, taking and transcribing minutes, and performing follow-up from meetings.
- Departmental Administrative Functions—may include, but not limited to, coordinating or assisting with special events, producing reports, researching regulatory or accreditation standards, filing.
- Credentialing and Other Computer Systems—may include attending training, effectively utilizing all software systems to perform essential job functions, adhering to established data entry conventions.
- Other Duties—other duties as assigned by the Director or Administration.
- Ability to be at work and be on time
- Ability to follow company policies, procedures and directives
- Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a hospital medical staff office as a Medical Staff Coordinator, Credentialist, or similar.
- Understanding of medical staff regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and credentialing databases.
- Professional demeanor, excellent critical thinking skills, strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to complete job responsibilities with a high degree of accuracy under minimum supervision, requiring a sense of self-direction and a strong sense of responsibility and accountability to ensure that work is completed accurately and timely.
- Discretion and judgment in the handling of confidential and/or sensitive information.
- High school diploma required; some college or technical education preferred
- CPCS or CPMSM certification encouraged
Applicants apply directly on our website: https://careers.memorialcare.org/job/fountain-valley/medical-staff-coordinator-ft-days/28372/8111194272?utm_source=email&utm_medium=social_post&utm_campaign=MemorialCare_social
Posted on July 6th, 2021
Full Time, 8 Hour Days
(Exempt / Non-Union)
Keck Medicine of USC is one of only two university-based medical systems in the Los Angeles area. Ranked number 16 on U.S. News & World Report’s 2019-2020 Best Hospital Honor Roll, we offer the opportunity to provide world-class care, while working with an internationally renowned team of colleagues. If you’ve been searching for your next opportunity, we invite you to apply today!
The successful applicant will manage credentialing programs and projects across Keck Medicine of USC, which provides system-wide primary source verification information to hospitals for USC clients Medical Staff practitioners, including initial applications, reinstatements and reappointments.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration or related field (or equivalent) and 5+ years of experience with Medical Staff services/credentialing. A background including heal plan audit and Health System/CVO experience preferred.
Keck Medicine of USC offers a wide array of benefits, including substantial tuition discounts for employees and their families; exceptional healthcare, retirement and quality of life programs; and the prestige that comes with working with a leader like Keck Medicine of USC.
For a full list of position requirements and responsibilities, or to apply, we encourage you to visit: https://usccareers.usc.edu/job/los-angeles/program-manager-integrated-credentialing-full-time-8-hour-days-exempt-non-union/1209/8827935920 or email Marques.Gunn@med.usc.edu
Posted on June 23rd, 2021
We are recruiting for a full-time Senior Coordinator supporting two licensed acute care facilities which include both adult and pediatric populations, Trauma service, Cardiac services, Comprehensive Stroke Center and several other Accredited Specialty services.
Our office is supported by six medical staff coordinators and an Executive Assistant. This position would have a supervisory role/oversight for Credentialing, OPPE and meeting management.
- 5+ years progressive experience as a coordinator within a medical staff office, including Credentialing, Peer Review, Privileging, development of criteria and meeting management skills.
- Prior Joint Commission survey experience required. Broad knowledge in areas of accreditation standards, medico legal issues, state and federal regulations
- experience in a supervisory role for medical staff functions desired. Must demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, be able to work independently and achieve desired results.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including Word, Excel
Minimum Associates degree, CPCS or CPMSM Certification preferred
Essential Job Functions
- Manages, assesses and analyzes the credentialing and privileging processes. Included is oversight of the timely processing of an application/reapplication, liaison with the Central Verification office (CVO); and assuring timely processing through the campus committee structure. Timely oversight on provisional members regarding proctoring. Oversight with communication to various areas on campus on Board updates or database interfaces Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE) to assure compliance with set timelines, reporting, Policy and Procedures
- Assists the Director in providing managerial support to the staff and acts in the capacity of the Medical Staffs Director’s designee in charge of the office when the Director is absent from the facility. Demonstrates leadership skills and effectively allocates resources. Assists the Director in identifying opportunities for improvement or special projects, and acts as a facilitator in implementing.
- Provides education and assistance in the development of mechanisms to assess physician performance. Identifies potential risks, and consults on disciplinary action when appropriate, using knowledge of regulatory agency requirements, medico legal history relative to committee actions or medical staff issues, respective hospital departmental, section rules, regulations, bylaws or policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with all Memorialcare campuses on shared providers and standardization of processes among all areas.
If interested, please apply on-line at MemorialCare https://careers.memorialcare.org/
If you would like more information about the position, please call Mary Jane Jan, Medical Staff Services Director at 562-933-1238 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on June 17th, 2021
FT 8 hr day shift, 8:00am – 4:30pm
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma/equivalent and some college
- 3 years (current) acute care Medical Staff experience including credentialing, privileging, department chief and committee support, working knowledge of medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and experience with Joint Commission survey process
- Meeting coordination and taking meeting minutes
- Demonstrated competency with MS (Word and Excel)
- Able to relate to people in an effective and cordial manner
- Knowledge of quality assessment and performance improvement functions
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to sit for CPCS certification
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- License/Certification/Credentials: CPMSM or CPCS
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
The Medical Staff Coordinator (MSC) is responsible for coordination of medical staff meetings and the credentialing process for physicians in his/her assigned departments. The individual must have knowledge of: medical staff functions, able to handle Medical Staff meeting coordination - including preparing for, taking meeting minutes and handling all activities involving assigned departments/committees.
The Medical Staff Coordinator (MSC) must be proficient in the credentialing process and have knowledge of quality assessment and performance improvement functions, as they relate to the medical staff. Responsibilities also include data management, Emergency Department Back-up Panels, the coordination of the conclusion of the Initial and Recredentialing processes, telephone back-up, as well as other assigned duties as necessary.
As the leading provider of health care services in the South Bay, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343 bed facility that delivers high-quality care designed to meet the needs of the community. Home to the region’s most comprehensive heart program, it also has the area’s only radiation oncology center and certified community hospital cancer program. The hospital has San Diego County’s only comprehensive Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Center, which serves patients who wish to avoid blood transfusions for personal or religious reasons.
Sharp Chula Vista recently more than doubled the size of its Emergency Department and opened the new Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center, a unique healing environment with the most advanced medical technology available for cancer.
Applicants to apply, go to www.sharp.com/jobs and then search for job id # 109622
Posted on June 3rd, 2021
About The Greeley Company
The Greeley Company is a leading provider of consulting, education, interim staffing, credentialing management, and external peer review to healthcare organizations nationwide. Headquartered in the greater Boston area, The Greeley Company has helped more than 1,000 healthcare organizations within the past three years address challenges related to regulatory compliance, credentialing and privileging, peer review, clinician burnout, bylaws and physician-hospital alignment.
The Greeley Company joined The Chartis Group in 2019. The Chartis Group is a comprehensive advisory and analytics services firm dedicated to the healthcare industry. With an unparalleled depth of expertise in strategic planning, operations and performance excellence, informatics and technology, and health analytics, Chartis helps leading academic medical centers, integrated delivery networks, children's hospitals, physician enterprises and healthcare service organizations achieve transformative results.
Across both Greeley and Chartis, we are lucky to have extraordinarily talented people working in our firm – all brought together around our unifying mission “to improve healthcare delivery”, a shared dedication to our core values, and the emphasis we place on creating an environment that enriches the experiences of our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
The Director, Credence Business Unit, Medical Staff Services is responsible for directing and managing staff in order to provide the activities set forth in an agreed upon Statement of Work for the defined locations, functions, transition projects, and service level standards in accordance with The Greeley Company contract.
The Director, Medical Staff Services is the administrative liaison between the Medical Staff and Hospital Administration and the Board of Directors. Leadership accountability and application of leading industry practices is expected in managing practitioner competency systems; complying with policies, procedures and legal governance documents; support of Medical Staff Leadership and the organized medical staff; Medical Staff Services Department (MSSD) operations; hospital /health system interdepartmental collaboration. The Director is responsible for developing and implementing systems that support the Medical Staff and Hospital’s mission and strategic plan. A key performance area is regulatory and accreditation knowledge and compliance.
Practitioner credentialing, privileging, and performance evaluation
Plans, organizes and directs a comprehensive credentialing program
- Directs all aspects of the credentialing functions for appointments and reappointments, expirables, privileges (disaster, temporary, modifications)
- Collaborates with key stakeholders regarding practitioner’s applications for membership and clinical privileges (e.g., senior management, medical staff leadership, recruitment, human resources, contract attorney, etc.)
- Presentation of practitioner information for review and evaluation by medical staff leaders and support of follow-up on actions taken by the medical staff organization with regard to practitioner competency management
Designs, implements and manages an objective, criteria-based clinical privileging system
- Ensures that clinical privileges performed are criteria-based and reflective of current services offered by the organization and encompasses licensed independent practitioners (LIPs) and advanced practice practitioners (APPs)
- Remains up to date on new procedures, techniques and equipment relative to Medical Staff Services and general knowledge of procedures, techniques and equipment that may impact Medical Staff privileging
- Controls the monitoring of procedure-established criteria to ensure that practitioners meet qualifications for eligibility to request and retain specific privileges
- Works with other hospital personnel to ensure that practitioners’ practice within the scope of their privileges
Interprets, develops and implements practices of all systems and functions to ensure continuous compliance with applicable regulatory agencies and accrediting bodies e.g., CMS, TJC, NCQA, etc.
- Provides ongoing education to team and Medical Staff Leaders as necessary
- Participates on hospital compliance teams and in regulatory and accreditation surveys, as needed
Collaborates with other hospital personnel regarding performance improvement data to help Medical Staff Leaders make informed decisions regarding practitioner competence
- Collaborates with key staff on managing an ongoing reporting process that is accurate, timely and action driven
- Works in conjunction with the Quality department on aspects related to the privileging functions relative to peer review and professional performance profiles
Support of Medical Staff Leadership
Plans and manages an effective Medical Staff meeting management system
- Directs meeting activities (agenda development, documentation, follow-up, communication)
- Provides guidance on accreditation, regulatory issues, medico-legal implications, national standards of care, best practices, meeting outcomes and resolution
Plans and manages the administrative support to Medical Staff Leadership allowing them to effectively carry out their duties and responsibilities
- Collaborates, develops and implements long and short-term goals
- Manages processes related to investigative, disciplinary and legal proceedings, such as fair hearing and appeal
- Responsible for the administration of the credentialing software system, including any upgrades or additional muddles purchased by facility
- Protect the integrity and security of the database through the use of a data dictionary and performance of routine audits to ensure continuity accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the credentialing and privileging process
- Supply practitioner demographic data per organizations needs; e.g. strategic planning, consideration of new services, practitioner directory
Operations, Financial and Quality Management
- Promotes cost effective operations while maintaining acceptable service levels
- Development and oversight of operational quality indicators that reflect meaningful measures of quality of services provided. These indicators are monitored on a scheduled basis and corrective action is instituted, when required
- Assure that workflow, information systems and policies and procedures are current and appropriately maintained
Medical Staff Policies, Procedures and Documents
- Control and direct the administrative support of Medical Staff governance documents
- Ensure that all Medical Staff documents are current as applicable
- Protect Medical Staff permanent records by managing a secure method of retention in accordance with the organization’s retention policies and the department’s policies
- Understands, utilizes, and applies Greeley methodologies when applicable
- Shares developed policies, procedures, documents, forms internally to support Greeley BPO (Credence) sites
Directs and manages the strategic and daily activities of the department
- Responsible for adequate staffing and efficient use of staffing resources
- Establishes standards and analyzes work procedures that promote leading practices and champions innovation
Supports education, professionalism, practice-based learning and systems-based learning
- Responsible for recruiting, training, mentoring, evaluating and disciplining departmental staff
- Cultivates positive interpersonal relationships with the members of the Medical Staff, Medical Staff Leaders and Administrative and ancillary staff
- Promotes ongoing education
- Performs environmental surveillance to identify new sales opportunities
Medical Staff and Hospital Collaboration
Directs the administrative interface with Medical Staff Leaders and Medical Staff organization and hospital administration, the Governing Body and hospital departments to assure and enhance effective relationships
- Serves as a liaison between Medical Staff and Administrative Leadership
- Serves as a liaison between Greeley and Administrative leadership as requested
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an acute healthcare facility in a leadership position working with Medical Staff leaders, e.g. Medical Staff Services, Quality/Performance Improvement, Physician Recruitment, etc. is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent in experience; Master’s degree preferred, in healthcare administration or other applicable specialty or equivalent in experience is preferred.
- Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) required; additional certification in Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) is preferred.
At The Chartis Group, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Applicants apply at: https://jobs.jobvite.com/chartis/job/oGp1efw4/apply
Posted on May 30th, 2021
San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital is a 79-bed, non-profit community hospital, with a dedicated team of highly qualified professional staff. We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic, and dedicated health care professionals who want to become a part of our team as we grow to meet the needs of our ever growing community. Come grow with us!
Responsible for coordinating and monitoring the medical staff services functions in regards to credentialing, privileging, and related processes. Collaborates and coordinates with the Medical Staff Services Director to ensure effective use of resources.
The Medical Staff Coordinator reports to the Medical Staff Services Director. He/she works closely with the Medical Staff Services Director, Medical Staff Department and Committee Chairs.
High School Diploma or equivalent. National Association Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) certification(s) as Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) and/or Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) highly preferred; maintain certification through NAMSS-approved CEU programs. Two to three year's hospital/health care experience; preferably in a medical staff or health care field. Basic Computer Skills in Microsoft office.
Apply to our website: www.sgmh.org
Posted on May 18th, 2021
PRINCIPAL TASKS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in establishing and administering the credentialing, appointment, reappointment, and privileging processes.
- Coordinates procurement of DEA, licensure, ACLS and malpractice insurance information. Originates, collects and maintains appropriate records on the physician database, including updating privilege delineations.
- Arranges room, food, and notices for medical staff meetings the first of the fiscal year, along with distributing medical staff composition and meeting calendar.
- Assists in copying agendas, minutes, and post-meeting correspondence for all medical staff committees.
- Assists in disseminating correspondence from the Board to the medical staff insofar as decisions related to credentialing, privileges, and special requests.
- He/she is to provide clerical and administrative support, to include: answering the telephone, copying and filing.
- Responsible for initiating the monthly physician ER on-call schedule.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. AA degree preferred.
- Must be able to type at least 45 words per minute with minimal errors. Must have at least three (3) years experience as a secretary in the past five (5) years, or the equivalent in academic training and/or medical staff office procedures. Must be an excellent speller and some medical terminology.
- Proficient in computer applications (Windows, MS Office, medical staff databases, etc.
- Knowledge of graphing, statistics, data collection and analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Must maintain confidentiality of all documents and conversations related to medical staff issues.
- Must be able to organize and establish priorities related to workload. Must be able to perform duties as set out in this job description.
An application can be completed on our hospital website: sgmh.org (Careers - Job Openings)