Posted on March 26th, 2021
Our Department of Integrated Credentialing team is growing as Keck Medicine of USC continues to expand. We have an opening for an experienced Credentialing Coordinator to join our growing team.
Behind every patient success is the dedication of a unique team of skilled and talented individuals who help make up Keck Medicine of USC.
As a member of the USC health care team, you will help build upon the university’s exceptional expertise in patient care as well taking advantage of our excellent compensation package.
The Credentialing Coordinator provides support to the Keck Medicine of USC (USC Care Medical Group, Keck Hospital of USC, USC Norris Cancer Hospital, and USC Verdugo Hills Hospital), performing practitioner credentialing, re-credentialing, and annual evaluations.
HS Diploma or GED required
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5 years’ experience as a credentialing professional preferred
- Hospital or multi-entity credentialing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission standards, DNV, NCQA, Title 22, and CMS regulations pertaining to the organized medical staff.
- Knowledge of medical staff/credentialing principles, practices, quality assessment, performance improvement functions, and legal concepts related to the organized medical staff.
- Experience in medical group credentialing/provider enrollment desired
- Valid CPMSM or CPCS certification by the National Association of Medical Staff Services.
- If not certified, must achieve certification within 2 years of hire.
- A Fire and Safety card must be presented upon hire or must be obtained at our facility within the first 30 days of hire and maintained by renewing before expiration date.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Interested Applicants must apply online at: https://usccareers.usc.edu/job/los-angeles/credentialing-coordinator-integrated-credentialing-full-time-8-hour-days-non-exempt-non-union/1209/5533091264
Feel free to also email your resume with the subject heading of “Credentialing Coordinator position” to David Zandueta, Recruiter of Keck Medicine of USC at email: David.Zandueta@med.usc.edu
Posted on February 12th, 2021
Founded in 1887, Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II trauma center, the Los Angeles Center for Women’s Health, obstetrics and pediatric services, and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest health care systems.
Visit us at: https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/californiahospital for more information.
The Medical Staff Meeting Coordinator is responsible for preparation of agendas, minutes and timely follow up for Medical Staff meetings; maintains and oversees all calendar coordination for meetings, virtual platforms, and/or room set-up, notices, calendar scheduling, and facilitates Information Systems as needed. This position is responsible for ER Call Panel arrangements and maintains a system for current documentation for medical staff expirables. In addition, some credentialing and re-credentialing functions are required. This position reports to the Director of Medical Staff Services.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 3-5 years minimum experience in Medical Staff Services.
- Experience in CACTUS software or equal credentialing program.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission and CMS standards and Title XXII regulations.
- Possess excellent spelling and grammar skills. Ability to compose letters/memorandums and professional correspondence,
- Effective communication skills and excellent planning skills in order to prioritize responsibilities and perform tasks with little to no supervision within specified time frames and tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Workspace).
- Ability to adapt to flexible work schedules and frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to understand and process basic credentialing functions including but not limited to processing temporary privileges and screening new practitioner applications.
- Associate Degree in Medical Staff Services Management or equivalent courses, training and experience preferred.
- CPMSM or CPCS preferred or completing track for certification.
For immediate consideration, please visit our Careers website to learn more about this exciting position and how to apply at:
Additionally, to learn more about our mission and our values, as well as other career opportunities at our various CommonSpirit Health facilities, click here.