ATTENTION: Employers and recruiters can advertise their current job opening and vacancy on the CAMSS website.
The information and cost for job postings on the CAMSS website is as follows:
- 30 Days – 100.00 (no revisions once posted)
- 3 Months – 150.00 (savings of 50.00) (with 1 free revision if needed)
- Revision price is 25.00 per revision/reposting
- Please provide a detailed job description and include contact information with how/to whom applicants should apply as well as a contact person for the posting
- Provide contact person of who will be responsible for payment
- Credit Card Payment through PayPal – please await an invoice from the CAMSS Treasurer in order to pay via credit card
♦ Job listing will be posted within 3 business days if paying via credit card
- Via Check :
♦ Payable to “CAMSS”
♦ Memo/note – Job posting, date and hospital name
♦ Send check to – Brian Bowlin – CAMSS Treasurer – 12277 Apple Valley Rd, #292, Apple Valley CA 92308
♦ *Please note, job will NOT be posted until check has been received
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com with required posting and payment information.
- A confirmation email will be sent with an invoice along with instructions to view your job listing online and review for any errors.
- Please direct inquiries regarding billing/payment to the CAMSS Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quick Links to Job Listings
- Medical Staff Manager (Full-Time Onsite), Barton Health, Lake Tahoe, CA
- Medical Staff Coordinator, Kaiser Permanente, Woodland Hills, CA
- Medical Staff Services Director, Adventist Health and Rideout, Marysville, CA
- Credentialing Coordinator, Anesthesia Management Professionals, Inc., San Diego, CA
- Credentialing Specialist, Santé IPA, Fresno, CA
- Medical Staff Services Specialist, UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA
- Medical Staff Coordinator, Adventist Health White Memorial, Los Angeles, CA
- Medical Staff Coordinator, San Antonio Regional Hospital, Upland, CA
Current Job Listings
Posted on March 5th, 2023
Barton Health, located on the South Shore of beautiful Lake Tahoe, California, is currently seeking to hire a Full Time Medical Staff Manager (onsite).
Barton Health, a community-based, not-for-profit, hospital and integrated healthcare system, has been proudly serving the Lake Tahoe, Carson Valley and surrounding communities for over five decades. Our service lines include a 73-bed acute care facility, skilled nursing center, community clinic, urgent care centers, pediatric, internal medicine and family practice groups, and home health and hospice services.
The Medical Staff Manager is responsible for the overall direction and administration of the operations of Medical Staff Services and activities involving accreditation, licensing, and Medical Staff Quality. The Manager works collaboratively with the Chief Medical Officer on all matters of the Medical Staff and helps facilitate their alignment with each other. The Manager represents the Medical Staff in relationships with other hospital departments and outside agencies. The Manager is responsible for oversight of the Graduate Medical Education (GME) program.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience
- Current CPMSM & CPCS Certification or within 18 months of hire.
- Minimum five years recent medical staff experience
- Minimum three years recent experience as a Medical Staff Coordinator preferred.
- Expert knowledge of current principles, practices, regulatory requirements (Joint Commission and Title 22 standards), policies and procedures of medical staff.
- Expert knowledge of principles and practices of effective management, supervision, and leadership.
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt an efficient course of action.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to establish working relationships with staff and physicians.
- Ability to develop relationships with the various departments in order to establish a consistent and supportive process throughout the System.
- Highly effective collaboration skills, written and verbal communications skills.
***TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE http://www.bartonhealth.org/main/careers.aspx *** or for more information please email email@example.com, or call 530-543-5952
Posted on March 5th, 2023
When you join Kaiser Permanente, you’ll be part of an organization dedicated to total health. At every level and in every department, it’s what we stand for. By using your innovation and your creativity, you can play a role in the health of communities across town and around the country by serving 12.5 million of our members. No matter your background, your ideas can help drive a health care pioneer. You can play a role in the future of health.
Under minimal supervision, initiates the appointment/credentialing and reappointment/ recredentialing process, compiling and processing data in compliance with local, regional, state and federal accreditation requirements. Ensures thorough and timely verification of Licensed Independent Practitioner's (LIP) and Allied Health Professional Staff (AHP) credentials and privileges according to local and regional medical staff services policies and procedures for practitioners in both the hospital and/or ambulatory settings. Provide medical staff service support services to professional staff by supporting professional staff committee meetings, initiating the proctoring function, tracking of residents/medical students and acting as a resource for physicians, allied health professionals, medical center leadership and patients. Completes specific time-limited project assignments as delegated by Director of Medical Staff Services or Senior Medical Staff Coordinator. This position does not supervise others.
- Ensure consistent documentation and complete verification of practitioner (LIP/AHP) credentials.
- Provide required documentation to Chiefs of Service, Department Administrators, Medical Center Leaders and Committee Chairs/Members, as appropriate.
- Process all applications for appointment/credentialing, reappointment/recredentialing via the local and regional medical staff/credentialing policies and procedures.
- Partners with all necessary staff to ensure an integrated, timely, consistent product.
- Collaborates with regional professional recruitment personnel and regional credentialing personnel to ensure timely credentialing prior to employment.
- Maintains computerized database of practitioner data for use in the medical staff service program to assure data for all credentialed and privileged practitioners is consistently accurate and current.
- Implements an efficient and effective communication system for transmission of electronic practitioner data to other users in the medical center for information (i.e., practitioner-specific privilege look-up for patient care units).
- Implements an efficient and effective communication/transmission system of shared data to regional or other local sites to facilitate timely approval for professional staff appointment or approval to participate within Southern California Region.
- Keeps abreast of laws, regulations, local and regional policies/procedures and Professional Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations.
- Maintains credentials files of all practitioners within medical center site (including satellite facilities/medical office buildings).
- Supports professional staff committees by preparing agendas, recording minutes, and follow-up.
- Supports the medical staff by being a resource for accreditation, licensing and regulatory compliance related to medical staff services functions.
- Assists Director of Medical Staff Services with all survey/audit processes.
- AA degree or two (2) years of experience in a directly related field required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Proficient with IBM PC, medical staff database.
- Proficient with medical terminology.
- Significant knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements and accreditation standards (i.e., TJC, NCQA, DOC, DHS, DMHC, CMS, Title 22).
- Strong organization, communication and written skills, with attention to detail required.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- CPCS or minimum three (3) years demonstrated knowledge of medical staff service functions related to credentialing/privileging, preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 1101041.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers
Posted on February 23rd, 2023
We have an exceptional opportunity at Adventist Health and Rideout (AHRO) for a Medical Staff Services Director.
AHRO is a 219-bed acute care hospital in Marysville, CA, just north of Sacramento. There is a wonderful, tight-knit hospital leadership team at the hospital. Adventist Health has a very close and supportive system-wide network of MSP's. We are looking for a seasoned, certified professional with 5+ years experience in Medical Staff management. This leader would be mission-driven with a history of implementing best practices and continuous quality improvement in their department.
If interested, please apply here: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/frhg#/job/17192
Posted on February 7th, 2023
Anesthesia Management Professionals, Inc. (“AMP”), a leading medical management company and subsidiary of Anesthesia Service Medical Group (“ASMG”), has an immediate, full-time opening for a Credentialing Coordinator. Founded in 1946, ASMG presently employs more than 260 anesthesiologists in San Diego, California. These physicians provide anesthesia services in ten acute care hospitals, eleven freestanding outpatient surgery centers and numerous physician and dental offices throughout San Diego County. As a professional management corporation, AMP provides a full range of financial, operational, legal, and human resources services in support of ASMG’s clinical practice.
Under direct supervision, works as part of a team to maintain providers’ privileges and credentials in accordance with criteria set forth by the National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA) and Joint Commission (JC); provides related administrative and clerical support; other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
• Two years credentialing experience required; CPCS or CMPSM preferred
• Familiarity with NCQA and JC standards; Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and hospital policies, as they relate to credentialing
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows, MS Word, and MS Excel; familiarity with computer-based credentialing software preferred
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Excellent organizational and communication skills with specific attention to detail and follow up
• Team player
• Ability to handle confidential and/or sensitive information in a professional manner
• Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks; specifically, must be able to allocate time among several credentialing projects and accommodate the needs of each client
• Ability to handle frequent interruptions and confidently resolve issues
• Completes and coordinates applications and re-appointment applications for all providers
• Acts as liaison between physicians including Locum Tenens and medical facilities, payers and other related entities
• Processes requests and/or applications for temporary privileges
• Assists in bi-annual re-credentialing process
• Maintains communication with Credentialing Manager regarding credentialing issues
• Provides general clerical support to Credentialing and Practice Management units as needed
Applicants can submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on February 2nd, 2023
This non-exempt position is responsible for coordinating, monitoring and performing credentials verification process for initial appointments and reappointments of physicians and allied health professionals. Incumbents will be skilled in all aspects of initial comprehensive credentialing, recredentialing, performance monitoring, in accordance with NCQA accreditation standards, state and federal regulatory requirements, and Santé’s credentialing policies and procedures.
Two years relevant experience in physician credentialing. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including telephonically, email, and presentation. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, management, staff and contacts outside the organization. Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications. Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) preferred. AA/AS degree preferred.
- Verify competence, medical and/or professional education, residency, internships, fellowships, additional formal training, relevant board certifications, health care affiliations, work history, licensure and certifications, DEA certificates and malpractice coverage.
- Perform and collect all primary source documentation as outlined in the Policies and Procedures for initial credentialing and recredentialing for Santé Physicians IPA.
- Analyze physician practice/specialty parameters for Santé’s business needs and prepare reports for presentation to Board of Directors and Committees for review and approval.
- Actively participates in all required annual audits.
- Keep abreast of all current credentialing/recredentialing mandated guidelines, policies and procedures in order to formulate new and revise current Santé policies and procedures.
- Ensures support, maintenance, and updating of the practitioner credentialing database system.
- Provides quality and ethical customer service to all practitioners, medical group liaisons, and other hospital/healthcare entities.
- Meet all Health Plan quarterly and semi-annual reporting requirements.
- Assist in preparing data for required Committee meetings with the ability to record and transcribe minutes of Committee meetings.
- Review credentialing delegation agreements as presented by current and potential contracted health plans to ensure accuracy of delegation parameters.
- Track adverse licensure actions with the ability to communicate directly with the practitioner (written and verbally); actively participate in QI reviews on adverse licensure issues.
- Orient and train new staff.
- Maintain confidentiality of provider information
Maintain health plan delegation for credentialing by way of successfully passing annual health plan audits. Knowledge of computer program applications including MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint. Knowledge of Santé Credentialing policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to organize workflow, effectively prioritize, and meet deadlines and objectives.
- Research, analyze and interpret data and present comprehensive reports.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Other functions and accountabilities may be assigned
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping or stretching. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, calculator, telephone and other office equipment as necessary. Requires normal range of hearing, eyesight and speech to prepare and communicate appropriate reports and to train staff in system applications.
Applicants should submit resumes to Slarsen@santehealth.net
Posted on January 27th, 2023
Medical Staff Services Specialist
Salary Range: $2,061.60 - $3,916.00 Biweekly
Medical and Regulatory Affairs has overall responsibility for the management of the credentialing and privileging process at UC Davis Health. The quality and safety of patient care is ensured through the formal, technical, and precise credentialing and privileging of Attending Physicians, Dentists, Clinical Fellows, Nurse Practitioners, Psychologists and other Advanced Practice Professionals, Under the general supervision of the Director, Medical and Regulatory Affairs and Medical Staff Services Supervisor, the Medical Staff Services Specialist 4 is a technical expert professional who understands credentialing and privileging theory and applies it with in-depth understanding of regulations and principles.. The position has primary independent responsibility for management of the evaluation of the clinical qualifications of providers through the process of performing the full range of credentialing and privileging responsibilities and serves as the liaison and expert for the applications submitted to the credentials and Privileges Committee, Medical Staff Executive Committee and Governing Body. The position must possess broad knowledge of the field of credentialing and privileging, analyzes problems and issues of diverse scope and determines solutions to problems and challenges. Responsibilities include technical expertise as a database analyst for Echo credentialing program. Work is performed independently with little or no supervision. This position requires a high level of analytical skills, judgment, creativity, organizational and priority setting abilities.
• Applicants are encouraged to upload license and certification if required of the position.
• Certification as a CPCS (Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist) or CPMSM (Certified Professional in Medical Services Management
• Extensive years of experience in medical credentialing or similar equivalent roles
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Credentialing and Privileging principles and theories.
• Skills to independently apply external regulatory guidelines dictated by California and Federal law and regulatory agency standards pertaining to credentialing in the healthcare industry (i.e., CMS, Title 22, The Joint Commission, NCQA and/or other accrediting bodies) and internal administrative policies
• Advanced critical thinking, research, investigatory, and analytical skills to solve problems and propose solutions through the critical thinking process
• Advanced knowledge and skills to assess and monitor credentialing theory, compliance and effectiveness of credentialing and privileging processes
• Advanced knowledge of medical terminology and medical and surgical procedures
• Advanced organizational skills to independently set and meet deadlines while multi-tasking and assigning precedence to competing priorities; to see multiple assignments through to completion on deadline and according to organizational goals
• Skills to work collaboratively.
• Skills to coordinate and integrate with others throughout the department, hospital and campus.
• Skills to communicate through all mediums and with all groups; often working under pressure of constantly changing deadlines and priorities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Thorough knowledge of data management and documentation methods used in medical credentialing
• Demonstrated computer and database knowledge, along with MS Office proficiency and ability to effectively use the credentialing database application.
• This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
• The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Policy (ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at http://22.214.171.124/counter.php?id=249210
Job ID 44691
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on January 27th, 2023
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Medical Staff Coordinator who:
Acts as liaison between organization administration and the medical staff. Processes initial medical staff applications for presentation and approval. Manages medical staff committees and supports medical staff leadership. Coordinates small program(s) with limited budget/impact.
- Maintains a positive relationship with medical staff leadership, representing administrative issues successfully to influence collaboration between physicians and leadership. Maintains strict confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the medical staff.
- Assumes responsibility for meeting management (agenda preparation, minutes, meeting follow-up, etc.) for assigned medical staff departments and committee functions.
- Engages in credentialing functions for medical and allied health staff, which may include: appointment, reappointment, privileging, ongoing professional practice evaluation, focused professional practice evaluations/proctoring, and provisional review to ensure compliance with medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, state and federal requirements and accreditation standards. Interfaces with various departments and physicians to provide and interpret relevant data enabling identification of any practitioners who may not meet the standards of care for the community.
- Maintains current knowledge of medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, hospital policies related to medical staff and regulatory agency requirements.
- Maintains medical staff database and official rosters and call schedules. Maintains medical staff documents, policies and procedures in such a way as to comply with regulatory requirements. Manages medical staff dues & fees.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Five years experience with increased responsibility in a medical staff services department or other related setting: Preferred
The estimated base pay for this position is $27.89 to $41.80. Additional individual compensation may be available for this role through years of experience, differentials, extra shift incentives, bonuses, etc. Base pay is only a portion of the total rewards package and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions. Please contact our Talent Acquisition team for more information.
TO APPLY go to: https://careers.adventisthealth.org/jobs/medical-staff-coordinator-56480
Posted on December 30th, 2022
Coordination of credentialing, re-credentialing, Medical Staff. Committee activities, peer review and other Medical Staff functions as needed. Responsible for providing support to the medical and allied health staff with credentialing and privileging activities, committee activities, assuring compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards, SARH bylaws, rule and regulations, and other related MSS functions as needed.
Education: High School Diploma or GED; prefer Associate's degree or equivalent training and experience.
Experience: This individual has a minimum of 3 years experience in a hospital environment involving medical staff related functions. The applicant shall have a minimum of three (3) years Medical Staff office and/or credentialing experience.
Knowledge and Skills: Medical Staff functions, i.e. Credentialing process, privileging, and peer review; working knowledge of Joint Commission, CME and Title 22 standards for Medical Staff functions; Medical Staff Bylaws/Rules & Regulations as well as Robert's Rules of Order and of credentialing, governance (Bylaws, Rules and Regs), and privileging.
License/Certifications: CPCS certification preferred. CPSC or CPMSM NAMSS certification preferred.
Applicants, to learn more and to apply, click here: Medical Staff Coordinator in | Careers at San Antonio Regional Hospital (icims.com)