ATTENTION: Employers and recruiters can advertise their current job opening and vacancy on the CAMSS website.
The information and cost for job postings on the CAMSS website is as follows:
- 30 Days – 100.00 (no revisions once posted)
- 3 Months – 150.00 (savings of 50.00) (with 1 free revision if needed)
- Revision price is 25.00 per revision/reposting
- Please provide a detailed job description and include contact information with how/to whom applicants should apply as well as a contact person for the posting
- Provide contact person of who will be responsible for payment
- Credit Card Payment through PayPal – please await an invoice from the CAMSS Treasurer in order to pay via credit card
♦ Job listing will be posted within 3 business days if paying via credit card
- Via Check :
♦ Payable to “CAMSS”
♦ Memo/note – Job posting, date and hospital name
♦ Send check to – Brian Bowlin – CAMSS Treasurer – 12277 Apple Valley Rd, #292, Apple Valley CA 92308
♦ *Please note, job will NOT be posted until check has been received
Quick Links to Job Listings
- Medical Staff Coordinator, Kaiser Permanente Panorama City Hospital, Panorama City, CA
- Credentials Coordinator, Saint Francis Memorial Hospital, San Francisco, CA
- Medical Staff Coordinator, Garden Grove Hospital Medical Center, Garden Grove, CA
- Credentialing Coordinator, Medical Staff, Good Samaritan Hospital, San Jose, CA
- Director, Medical Staff Services - CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, Los Angeles CA
Current Job Listings
Posted on July 26th, 2018
Apply to Requisition Number 698388
Description: Under minimal supervision, initiates the appointment/credentialing and reappointment/ recredentialing process, compiling and processing data in compliance with local, regional, state and federal accreditation requirements. Ensures thorough and timely verification of Licensed Independent Practitioner's (LIP) and Allied Health Professional Staff (AHP) credentials and privileges according to local and regional medical staff services policies and procedures for practitioners in both the hospital and/or ambulatory settings. Provide medical staff service support services to professional staff by supporting professional staff committee meetings, initiating the proctoring function, tracking of residents/medical students and acting as a resource for physicians, allied health professionals, medical center leadership and patients. Completes specific time-limited project assignments as delegated by Director of Medical Staff Services or Senior Medical Staff Coordinator. This position does not supervise others.
- Ensure consistent documentation and complete verification of practitioner (LIP/AHP) credentials.
- Provide required documentation to Chiefs of Service, Department Administrators, Medical Center Leaders and Committee Chairs/Members, as appropriate.
- Process all applications for appointment/credentialing, reappointment/recredentialing via the local and regional medical staff/credentialing policies and procedures.
- Partners with all necessary staff to ensure an integrated, timely, consistent product.
- Collaborates with regional professional recruitment personnel and regional credentialing personnel to ensure timely credentialing prior to employment.
- Maintains computerized database of practitioner data for use in the medical staff service program to assure data for all credentialed and privileged practitioners is consistently accurate and current.
- Implements an efficient and effective communication system for transmission of electronic practitioner data to other users in the medical center for information (i.e., practitioner-specific privilege look-up for patient care units).
- Implements an efficient and effective communication/transmission system of shared data to regional or other local sites to facilitate timely approval for professional staff appointment or approval to participate within Southern California Region.
- Keeps abreast of laws, regulations, local and regional policies/procedures and Professional Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations.
- Maintains credentials files of all practitioners within medical center site (including satellite facilities/medical office buildings).
- Supports professional staff committees by preparing agendas, recording minutes, and follow-up.
- Supports the medical staff by being a resource for accreditation, licensing and regulatory compliance related to medical staff services functions.
- Assists Director of Medical Staff Services with all survey/audit processes.
- AA degree or two (2) years of experience in a directly related field required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Proficient with IBM PC, medical staff database.
- Proficient with medical terminology.
- Significant knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements and accreditation standards (i.e., TJC, NCQA, DOC, DHS, DMHC, CMS, Title 22).
- Strong organization, communication and written skills, with attention to detail required.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- CPCS or minimum three (3) years demonstrated knowledge of medical staff service functions related to credentialing/privileging, preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Primary Location: California, Panorama City, Panorama City Medical Center 13652 Cantara St.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM
Working Hours End: 5:00 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Category: Administration, Clerical and Support Services
Department: Medical Staff Services
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Referral Bonus Amount: $None
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Posted on July 20th, 2018
Saint Francis Memorial Hospital
Medical Staff Administration
Position: Credentials Coordinator
1.0 (40 hours per week), Shift: Days with no weekends
The Credentials Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Director of Medical Staff and Senior Coordinator supporting the mission and goals of Dignity Health and Saint Francis Memorial Hospital. The Credentials Coordinator facilitates all initial application requests, processes reappointments and prepares/analyzes files for Director review. Supporting the monthly Credentials Committee meeting, the Credentials Coordinator works regularly with the Department Chairs. Additional duties include facilitating all expirables and as assigned.
High Scholl or equivalent required
2 years prior experience in medical staff services preferred
CPCS Certification preferred or within 3 years of hire.
Medical staff software database
Excellent organizational skills
Strong communication and customer services skills
Analytical thinking for short and long term projects
To apply, please visit www.dignityhealthcareers.org/careers/facilitites/Saint-Francis-Memorial-Hospital
Posted on July 5th, 2018
Ability to function in a demanding environment by navigating multiple projects simultaneously, and effectively supporting a busy Medical Staff Office. Responsible for assigned Medical Staff Departments as assigned by Director/Manager. Facilitates all aspects of credentialing, including applications, reappointments, proctoring and competencies. Interfaces with physicians and hospital management staff in a positive and professional manner
1. Associates degree preferred or equivalent education/experience.
2. Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) preferred
3. Minimum of 3 years technical/administrative experience, Medical Staff Services Department and/or acute care hospital experience preferred.
4. Must have strong computer, communication, and writing skills.
5. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
6. Must exhibit a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
7. Knowledge of medical terminology and medical staff services and/or acute care hospital experience, preferred
Posted on June 7th, 2018
Good Samaritan Hospital is a 474 bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley, with two locations, the main campus in San Jose, California and the Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos, California. We are a recognized leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, comprehensive cancer services, advanced cardiology, and innovative surgery techniques. Our recognition includes being the first of only five hospitals in the country to become a Stroke Certified Hospital, one of only ten hospitals nationwide to be awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer four consecutive times, and a Santa Clara county designated STEMI receiving center. We have also been chosen by the members of the communities we serve as the “Bay Area’s Best Place to Have a Baby” and “Family Favorite Hospital” for over 10 years. Recognition from so many organizations demonstrates our dedication to quality health care for the people of Silicon Valley.
Credentialing Coordinator, Medical Staff
The Medical Staff teams are dedicated, healthcare providers with excellent services for patients at Good Samaritan Hospital. Interested in joining this team? Apply online now.
Schedule: 1.0 (40 hours per week), Shift: Days with no weekends.
Works directly under the direct supervision of the Director of Medical Staff Services or Lead Credentials Coordinator in support of the goals of the Organization and the Medical Staff Services Department in meeting the needs of the Medical Staff Organization, associated with quality patient care through supporting the Medical Staff committees and appropriate credentialing of Physicians and Allied Health Professionals. The purpose of the position is to provide support of the Medical staff in its self-governance and practical application of its Bylaws, Rules and Regulations pertaining to Membership and Privileging.
• High School or equivalent required
• 2 years’ prior experience in medical staff services field preferred
• Preferred: CPCS or CPMSM certification within 3 years of hire.
• Experience in software programs currently used in the medical staff office strongly preferred.
• Working knowledge of Medical Staff principles and operations specific to regulatory expectations (TJC, NCQA, CMS, Title XXII etc). Medical terminology, Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving, critical thinking ability.
• Ensures that appointments and reappointments to the Medical Staff and Advanced Practice Professionals (APP) are processed efficiently and in accordance with the Medical Staff Bylaws, APP Guidelines, and specific policies and procedures of the Medical Staff Credentialing Process. (Applicants of the Shared Service areas and those specific to GSH Medical Staff).
• Monitors reappointment mailings and responses in accordance with Medical Staff Bylaws and policies and procedures.
• Maintains the credentialing database and Meditech Provider Dictionary in application processing, appointment and reappointment.
• Maintains database for current privilege monitoring.
• Notifies house-wide physician privilege updates.
• Notifies supporting departments of needs of physician profiling in the processing of monthly reappointments.
• Maintains proctoring records of all Provisional physicians, monitoring and reporting proctoring status to Department Chairs, Committees of the Medical Staff and the Director of Medical Staff Services.
• Coordinates new physician entry by scheduling of interviews, coordinating ID badges, IS Meditech Training and Medical Record dictation number assignment.
• Processes Temporary Privileges in accordance with the Medical Staff Bylaws.
• Tracking and follow up of applications new or reappointed, mailing, OPPE/FPPE, sanction checks, queries monthly expirations & maintain non-staff dictionary.
• Filing, mailing, maintain ED call schedule and other duties as assigned.
• Receives incoming inquiries, problems and complaints, assisting in resolution and communication to the Director of Medical Staff Services.
• Prepares credentials agendas, attends credentials meetings, prepares minutes and follow-up, and reporting outcomes to Director of Medical Staff Services as needed.
To view our this listing and submit an application, please visit: HCA Far West Careers
Posted on May 22nd, 2018
Our Director, Medical Staff Services is an exciting opportunity for you to be a part of building our healthy future!
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center has initiated the construction of a new, state-of the-art patient tower and associated campus construction and remodeling project.
Join a Team Dedicated to Quality Care!
We have a long tradition of providing high-quality medical care to our patients, including recognition by Healthgrades in areas such as Patient Safety, Labor and Delivery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Treatment of Heart Failure, Hip Fracture Treatment, Back Surgery, and more. The hospital is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and STEMI Receiving Center. We are adopting the latest technology, including da Vinci surgery. Our Emergency Department features a new three-track process which expedites patient care.
For consideration, please apply online through our website: www.hollywoodpresbyterian.com and send your resume/CV to: email@example.com
Administers, plans, and directs activities of Medical Staff, CME/Medical Library and GME services. Ensures services to facility are delivered in a safe, timely and effective manner. Responsible for overseeing the Graduate Medical Education program for physicians. Provide administrative support to assigned Departments and Committees of the Medical Staff. Maintains performance improvement activities and participates in CQI activities of all departments
General Duties - Medical Staff
• Establishes, contributes and maintains the continuity in the planning, development and implementation of standards applicable to Medical Staff members relating to credentialing, quality and administrative function
• Encourages physicians and their patients use HPMC's facilities and services profitably and more often than annual and long term expectations
• Participates in hospital and medical staff marketing activities
• Leads medical staff preparation, organization, and follow-up involved in maintaining hospital accreditation and licensure with regulatory agencies
• Leads assigned business units whereby the employee's engagement scores exceed annual and long term expectations
• Operates the facility and its assigned business units whereby physicians satisfaction scores exceed and long term expectations
• Collaborates with the Business Development and Physician Relations departments to develop/implement Medical Research programs, including coordination of grant and proposal development
• Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational staff meetings and in-services/workshops
• Attends Medical Staff Committee meetings as needed
• Develops, implements and evaluates policies and procedures for appropriate department(s)
• Establishes necessary staffing requirements of department(s). Directs hires, performance management and development of staff within department(s)
• Consistently develops a detailed plan of action prior to implementation of a new procedure
• Regularly examines alternative methods of providing required services in order to reduce departmental operating costs
• Promotes good staffing practices by maximizing the utilization of human resources; forecasts and anticipates the personnel needs of the department with regard to fluctuations in the projected workload; holds staffing at a functional minimum
• Consistently demonstrates the ability to establish appropriate departmental priorities
• Effectively maintains all required records for the department; demonstrating good organizational skills
Research Project Development
• Maintains files for research protocol studies at HPMC
• Monitors status of assurances and IRB registration with the Office of Human Research Protection
• Submits protocol proposals to Western IRB for oversight approval or waiver. In the instance of Western IRB waiver, maintain communication with the appropriate IRB
• Ensures Continuing and Graduate Medical Education as well as Medical Resident and Student Programs are appropriately and timely implemented based on discussion/evaluation of facility and educational institutions' goals/objectives
• Maintains Medical Library
• Ensures staff are on hand to provide assistance in using electronic resources
Value Based Purchasing
• Works with assigned departments to ensure staff is informed of VBP goals/targets
• Includes updates regarding VBP (Core Measures, HCAHPs, Readmissions, etc.) as appropriate in staff meetings
• Develops and implements action plans designed to improve VBP status of the department(s) and/or hospital
• Ensures staff is accountable for achieving Core Measures, HCAHPS and other VBP goals
*Demonstrates knowledge and commitment to the organization's hospital-wide Performance Improvement Program in order to ensure continuous quality improvement of all processes.|
*Performs efficiently in crisis and emergencies, remaining calm, following established protocols, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events. Assures appropriate unit response in both reporting and responding to facility emergencies such as fire, infant abduction, and disruption in utilities and hazardous materials spills.|
Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and TJC regulations.|
*Ensures that technical and professional programs are scheduled for staff development and based on identified learning needs of personnel; for maintenance and enhancement of clinical expertise.|
Demonstrates effective writing skills, effective public speaking & presentation skills; maintains effective communication with staff, peers, medical staff, etc.|
Demonstrates effective time/stress management.|
Encourages staff career development and participation in professional organizations.|
Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, employees, patients and staff resulting in exceptional customer service.|
Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.|
Demonstrates strong, accurate decision making capabilities.|
Attends committee, CQI and management meetings, as appropriate.|
Ensures compliance with hospital policies and procedures including but not limited to department operations, fire, safety, and infection control.|
Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices including the Code of Conduct Manual.|
Hires talented staff-provides timely feedback regarding performance. Completes evaluations in a timely manner.|
Develops department staff via ongoing in-service education, on-the-job training, evaluations and open departmental meetings.|
Effectively and consistently communicates administrative directives to personnel and encourages interactive departmental meetings and discussions.|
Communicates the mission, ethic and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.|
Is knowledgeable of social, regulatory, political and economic factors that relate to patient care services.
Bachelor's Degree in healthcare related field required. Master's degree preferred.|
Five years recent experience in similar position in acute healthcare setting.|
Valid CA driver's license
Current Fire Card
Demonstrates familiarity with Microsoft Office Software as well as Outlook.
Advanced knowledge of medical staff management software preferred.
MD Staff experience a plus.
Hollywood Presbyterian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.