ATTENTION: Employers and recruiters can advertise their current job opening and vacancy on the CAMSS website.
The information and cost for job postings on the CAMSS website is as follows:
- 30 Days – 100.00 (no revisions once posted)
- 3 Months – 150.00 (savings of 50.00) (with 1 free revision if needed)
- Revision price is 25.00 per revision/reposting
- Please provide a detailed job description and include contact information with how/to whom applicants should apply as well as a contact person for the posting
- Provide contact person of who will be responsible for payment
- Credit Card Payment through PayPal – please await an invoice from the CAMSS Treasurer in order to pay via credit card
♦ Job listing will be posted within 3 business days if paying via credit card
- Via Check :
♦ Payable to “CAMSS”
♦ Memo/note – Job posting, date and hospital name
♦ Send check to – Brian Bowlin – CAMSS Treasurer – 12277 Apple Valley Rd, #292, Apple Valley CA 92308
♦ *Please note, job will NOT be posted until check has been received
Quick Links to Job Listings
- Credentialing Coordinator, Medical Staff, Good Samaritan Hospital, San Jose, CA
- Director, Medical Staff Services - CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, Los Angeles CA
- Medical Staff Coordinator, St. Rose Hospital, Hayward, CA
- Credentialing Specialist, Tri-City Medical Center, Oceanside, CA
Current Job Listings
Posted on June 7th, 2018
Good Samaritan Hospital is a 474 bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley, with two locations, the main campus in San Jose, California and the Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos, California. We are a recognized leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, comprehensive cancer services, advanced cardiology, and innovative surgery techniques. Our recognition includes being the first of only five hospitals in the country to become a Stroke Certified Hospital, one of only ten hospitals nationwide to be awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer four consecutive times, and a Santa Clara county designated STEMI receiving center. We have also been chosen by the members of the communities we serve as the “Bay Area’s Best Place to Have a Baby” and “Family Favorite Hospital” for over 10 years. Recognition from so many organizations demonstrates our dedication to quality health care for the people of Silicon Valley.
Credentialing Coordinator, Medical Staff
The Medical Staff teams are dedicated, healthcare providers with excellent services for patients at Good Samaritan Hospital. Interested in joining this team? Apply online now.
Schedule: 1.0 (40 hours per week), Shift: Days with no weekends.
Works directly under the direct supervision of the Director of Medical Staff Services or Lead Credentials Coordinator in support of the goals of the Organization and the Medical Staff Services Department in meeting the needs of the Medical Staff Organization, associated with quality patient care through supporting the Medical Staff committees and appropriate credentialing of Physicians and Allied Health Professionals. The purpose of the position is to provide support of the Medical staff in its self-governance and practical application of its Bylaws, Rules and Regulations pertaining to Membership and Privileging.
• High School or equivalent required
• 2 years’ prior experience in medical staff services field preferred
• Preferred: CPCS or CPMSM certification within 3 years of hire.
• Experience in software programs currently used in the medical staff office strongly preferred.
• Working knowledge of Medical Staff principles and operations specific to regulatory expectations (TJC, NCQA, CMS, Title XXII etc). Medical terminology, Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving, critical thinking ability.
• Ensures that appointments and reappointments to the Medical Staff and Advanced Practice Professionals (APP) are processed efficiently and in accordance with the Medical Staff Bylaws, APP Guidelines, and specific policies and procedures of the Medical Staff Credentialing Process. (Applicants of the Shared Service areas and those specific to GSH Medical Staff).
• Monitors reappointment mailings and responses in accordance with Medical Staff Bylaws and policies and procedures.
• Maintains the credentialing database and Meditech Provider Dictionary in application processing, appointment and reappointment.
• Maintains database for current privilege monitoring.
• Notifies house-wide physician privilege updates.
• Notifies supporting departments of needs of physician profiling in the processing of monthly reappointments.
• Maintains proctoring records of all Provisional physicians, monitoring and reporting proctoring status to Department Chairs, Committees of the Medical Staff and the Director of Medical Staff Services.
• Coordinates new physician entry by scheduling of interviews, coordinating ID badges, IS Meditech Training and Medical Record dictation number assignment.
• Processes Temporary Privileges in accordance with the Medical Staff Bylaws.
• Tracking and follow up of applications new or reappointed, mailing, OPPE/FPPE, sanction checks, queries monthly expirations & maintain non-staff dictionary.
• Filing, mailing, maintain ED call schedule and other duties as assigned.
• Receives incoming inquiries, problems and complaints, assisting in resolution and communication to the Director of Medical Staff Services.
• Prepares credentials agendas, attends credentials meetings, prepares minutes and follow-up, and reporting outcomes to Director of Medical Staff Services as needed.
To view our this listing and submit an application, please visit: HCA Far West Careers
Posted on May 22nd, 2018
Our Director, Medical Staff Services is an exciting opportunity for you to be a part of building our healthy future!
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center has initiated the construction of a new, state-of the-art patient tower and associated campus construction and remodeling project.
Join a Team Dedicated to Quality Care!
We have a long tradition of providing high-quality medical care to our patients, including recognition by Healthgrades in areas such as Patient Safety, Labor and Delivery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Treatment of Heart Failure, Hip Fracture Treatment, Back Surgery, and more. The hospital is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and STEMI Receiving Center. We are adopting the latest technology, including da Vinci surgery. Our Emergency Department features a new three-track process which expedites patient care.
For consideration, please apply online through our website: www.hollywoodpresbyterian.com and send your resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administers, plans, and directs activities of Medical Staff, CME/Medical Library and GME services. Ensures services to facility are delivered in a safe, timely and effective manner. Responsible for overseeing the Graduate Medical Education program for physicians. Provide administrative support to assigned Departments and Committees of the Medical Staff. Maintains performance improvement activities and participates in CQI activities of all departments
General Duties - Medical Staff
• Establishes, contributes and maintains the continuity in the planning, development and implementation of standards applicable to Medical Staff members relating to credentialing, quality and administrative function
• Encourages physicians and their patients use HPMC's facilities and services profitably and more often than annual and long term expectations
• Participates in hospital and medical staff marketing activities
• Leads medical staff preparation, organization, and follow-up involved in maintaining hospital accreditation and licensure with regulatory agencies
• Leads assigned business units whereby the employee's engagement scores exceed annual and long term expectations
• Operates the facility and its assigned business units whereby physicians satisfaction scores exceed and long term expectations
• Collaborates with the Business Development and Physician Relations departments to develop/implement Medical Research programs, including coordination of grant and proposal development
• Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational staff meetings and in-services/workshops
• Attends Medical Staff Committee meetings as needed
• Develops, implements and evaluates policies and procedures for appropriate department(s)
• Establishes necessary staffing requirements of department(s). Directs hires, performance management and development of staff within department(s)
• Consistently develops a detailed plan of action prior to implementation of a new procedure
• Regularly examines alternative methods of providing required services in order to reduce departmental operating costs
• Promotes good staffing practices by maximizing the utilization of human resources; forecasts and anticipates the personnel needs of the department with regard to fluctuations in the projected workload; holds staffing at a functional minimum
• Consistently demonstrates the ability to establish appropriate departmental priorities
• Effectively maintains all required records for the department; demonstrating good organizational skills
Research Project Development
• Maintains files for research protocol studies at HPMC
• Monitors status of assurances and IRB registration with the Office of Human Research Protection
• Submits protocol proposals to Western IRB for oversight approval or waiver. In the instance of Western IRB waiver, maintain communication with the appropriate IRB
• Ensures Continuing and Graduate Medical Education as well as Medical Resident and Student Programs are appropriately and timely implemented based on discussion/evaluation of facility and educational institutions' goals/objectives
• Maintains Medical Library
• Ensures staff are on hand to provide assistance in using electronic resources
Value Based Purchasing
• Works with assigned departments to ensure staff is informed of VBP goals/targets
• Includes updates regarding VBP (Core Measures, HCAHPs, Readmissions, etc.) as appropriate in staff meetings
• Develops and implements action plans designed to improve VBP status of the department(s) and/or hospital
• Ensures staff is accountable for achieving Core Measures, HCAHPS and other VBP goals
*Demonstrates knowledge and commitment to the organization's hospital-wide Performance Improvement Program in order to ensure continuous quality improvement of all processes.|
*Performs efficiently in crisis and emergencies, remaining calm, following established protocols, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events. Assures appropriate unit response in both reporting and responding to facility emergencies such as fire, infant abduction, and disruption in utilities and hazardous materials spills.|
Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and TJC regulations.|
*Ensures that technical and professional programs are scheduled for staff development and based on identified learning needs of personnel; for maintenance and enhancement of clinical expertise.|
Demonstrates effective writing skills, effective public speaking & presentation skills; maintains effective communication with staff, peers, medical staff, etc.|
Demonstrates effective time/stress management.|
Encourages staff career development and participation in professional organizations.|
Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, employees, patients and staff resulting in exceptional customer service.|
Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.|
Demonstrates strong, accurate decision making capabilities.|
Attends committee, CQI and management meetings, as appropriate.|
Ensures compliance with hospital policies and procedures including but not limited to department operations, fire, safety, and infection control.|
Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices including the Code of Conduct Manual.|
Hires talented staff-provides timely feedback regarding performance. Completes evaluations in a timely manner.|
Develops department staff via ongoing in-service education, on-the-job training, evaluations and open departmental meetings.|
Effectively and consistently communicates administrative directives to personnel and encourages interactive departmental meetings and discussions.|
Communicates the mission, ethic and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.|
Is knowledgeable of social, regulatory, political and economic factors that relate to patient care services.
Bachelor's Degree in healthcare related field required. Master's degree preferred.|
Five years recent experience in similar position in acute healthcare setting.|
Valid CA driver's license
Current Fire Card
Demonstrates familiarity with Microsoft Office Software as well as Outlook.
Advanced knowledge of medical staff management software preferred.
MD Staff experience a plus.
Hollywood Presbyterian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Posted on May 21st, 2018
Under general supervision, the Medical Staff Coordinator is responsible for:
- Providing administrative and credentialing support for the activities of the Medical Staff of St. Rose Hospital.
- Assisting the Manager with all medical staff requirements and maintains records and systems that result in efficient program operation.
- Supporting the medical/dental/allied health credentialing process, including the processing of new applications, requests for temporary privileges, and biennial reappointments.
- CPCS preferred; willing to be certified within two years of hire required.
- Associates Degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree in health related field preferred.
- *Proof of required License(s), Education and/or Certification(s) due at time of hire
- At least one year credentialing and privileging experience in a medical setting required.
- Familiarity with the CME process highly encouraged.
Coordinate the credentialing and privileging process for medical staff (physicians, podiatrists, dentists and allied health staff members) including (but not limited to) appointments, reappointments and changes in privileges. This includes:
- Verifying competence, medical and/or professional education, residency, internships, fellowships, additional formal training, relevant board certifications, health care affiliations, work history, military experiences, professional references, licensure and certifications, DEA certificates, malpractice coverage and privileges the applicant is requesting
- Querying the National Practitioner Data Bank as appropriate
- Managing expireables as appropriate
- Maintaining the credentialing database assuring accuracy and completeness
- Acting as a liaison between the medical staff and other departments of the hospital and provide assistance in the coordination of the duties of the medical staff
- Organizing and maintaining credentials files in the medical staff office
- Present completed files to the Credentials Committee for recommendation of approval of appointments and privileges
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the Medical Staff Bylaws and applicable Hospital policies to ensure the medical staff’s compliance with stated parameters
- Being familiar with the current Joint Commission standards, State and Federal Law pertaining to the Medical Staff and apply them to the credentialing process as needed
- Managing the PPE process, including both Focused and Ongoing PPE’s
- Facilitating medical staff committee meetings as requested, which includes committee notification, drafting agendas, taking and drafting minutes; any follow up as required
- Other related responsibilities as required
Job Type: Full-time
Posted on April 4th, 2018
This position is responsible for performing credentialing activities and other Medical Staff functions in accordance with Joint Commission accreditation standards, state and federal regulatory requirements. Specific responsibilities may include involvement in initial credentialing, reappointments, CME functions, ED call schedule, committee/department meeting support, monitoring and updating expirables and other administrative tasks as described in the Medical Staff Credentialing Specialist Job Description. Uphold the mission and goals of Tri-City Medical Center.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Maintain current knowledge of Joint Commission accreditation standards, State and Federal regulatory requirements.
- Maintain current knowledge of TCMC Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, Policies and Procedures.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, Policies and Procedures, accreditation standards, and state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that resource equipment, supplies, and manuals are ordered, updated, and maintained for all assigned areas of responsibility.
- Provide quality and ethical customer service to all practitioners, patients, other hospital departments, medical group liaisons, and other hospital entities.
- Assess areas of improvement within assigned areas of responsibility, develop and implement related policies and procedures.
Responsibilities will also include the following, as assigned:
- Support assigned Departments/Committee, including scheduling, preparing agenda, completion of minutes, and follow-up.
- Track, maintain, and process proctoring.
- Prepare reports for Departments, Divisions, Committees, and the Board of Directors.
- Process incoming mail/correspondence.
- Process, ensure mail-out, and track all requests for initial application packets.
- Ensure completion and perform all aspects of initial comprehensive credentialing.
- Process requests for Temporary Privileges.
- Process and maintain changes to privileges and/or staff status.
- Prepare, track, and ensure timely mail-out of all reappointment packets, when requested.
- Track and maintain acceptance of initial application fees, reappointment dues, and various fines, as requested.
- Preparation of Board Approval Letters and carrying out related processes.
- Ensure updating and maintaining of the privileging module.
- Assist with tracking, updating, and maintaining all expiring licensures and other various documents on a monthly basis, when requested.
- Responsible for obtaining, reviewing, and processing of monthly Disciplinary/Sanction Reports from the Medical Board of California.
- Coordinate accredited CME program duties as requested, which includes but is not limited to; supporting committee meeting, maintaining regulatory compliance, and related functions.
- Maintain monthly ED call schedule when requested, including but not limited to; preparation, distribution and reconciliation for stipends and related duties.
- Ensure support, maintenance, and updating of the credentialing database system and other various hospital-wide database systems.
- Preparation and distribution of the Medical Staff roster, as requested.
- Perform other duties as requested by the manager.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively utilizing both written and verbal skills.
- Previous Medical Staff credentialing experience (3-5 years), required.
- Demonstrated keyboard ability for word processing.
- Ability to use hospital data system to capture various reports as necessary
- Basic secretarial and clerical skills in order to prepare and complete minutes, agendas, reports and other documentation.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time with repetitive motions, such as typing.
- Ability to work alone in close quarters with others, performing different tasks.
- Ability to prioritize daily workload to meet multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission standards and regulatory requirements
- High-school diploma or GED, required.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
To apply: https://careers-tricitymed.icims.com/jobs/6492/credentialing-specialist/job