Posted on April 4th, 2018
This position is responsible for performing credentialing activities and other Medical Staff functions in accordance with Joint Commission accreditation standards, state and federal regulatory requirements. Specific responsibilities may include involvement in initial credentialing, reappointments, CME functions, ED call schedule, committee/department meeting support, monitoring and updating expirables and other administrative tasks as described in the Medical Staff Credentialing Specialist Job Description. Uphold the mission and goals of Tri-City Medical Center.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Maintain current knowledge of Joint Commission accreditation standards, State and Federal regulatory requirements.
- Maintain current knowledge of TCMC Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, Policies and Procedures.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, Policies and Procedures, accreditation standards, and state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that resource equipment, supplies, and manuals are ordered, updated, and maintained for all assigned areas of responsibility.
- Provide quality and ethical customer service to all practitioners, patients, other hospital departments, medical group liaisons, and other hospital entities.
- Assess areas of improvement within assigned areas of responsibility, develop and implement related policies and procedures.
Responsibilities will also include the following, as assigned:
- Support assigned Departments/Committee, including scheduling, preparing agenda, completion of minutes, and follow-up.
- Track, maintain, and process proctoring.
- Prepare reports for Departments, Divisions, Committees, and the Board of Directors.
- Process incoming mail/correspondence.
- Process, ensure mail-out, and track all requests for initial application packets.
- Ensure completion and perform all aspects of initial comprehensive credentialing.
- Process requests for Temporary Privileges.
- Process and maintain changes to privileges and/or staff status.
- Prepare, track, and ensure timely mail-out of all reappointment packets, when requested.
- Track and maintain acceptance of initial application fees, reappointment dues, and various fines, as requested.
- Preparation of Board Approval Letters and carrying out related processes.
- Ensure updating and maintaining of the privileging module.
- Assist with tracking, updating, and maintaining all expiring licensures and other various documents on a monthly basis, when requested.
- Responsible for obtaining, reviewing, and processing of monthly Disciplinary/Sanction Reports from the Medical Board of California.
- Coordinate accredited CME program duties as requested, which includes but is not limited to; supporting committee meeting, maintaining regulatory compliance, and related functions.
- Maintain monthly ED call schedule when requested, including but not limited to; preparation, distribution and reconciliation for stipends and related duties.
- Ensure support, maintenance, and updating of the credentialing database system and other various hospital-wide database systems.
- Preparation and distribution of the Medical Staff roster, as requested.
- Perform other duties as requested by the manager.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively utilizing both written and verbal skills.
- Previous Medical Staff credentialing experience (3-5 years), required.
- Demonstrated keyboard ability for word processing.
- Ability to use hospital data system to capture various reports as necessary
- Basic secretarial and clerical skills in order to prepare and complete minutes, agendas, reports and other documentation.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time with repetitive motions, such as typing.
- Ability to work alone in close quarters with others, performing different tasks.
- Ability to prioritize daily workload to meet multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission standards and regulatory requirements
- High-school diploma or GED, required.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
To apply: https://careers-tricitymed.icims.com/jobs/6492/credentialing-specialist/job
Posted on March 15th, 2018
FT, 8:30am to 5:00pm
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Computer and word processing experience highly desirable, and must learn system in Medical Staff Services Department within 3 months from hire date.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and office procedures.
- Excellent command of language, specialized medical vocabulary and writing skills.
- Excellent organizational ability and ability to work in a demanding environment under pressure.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with a variety of people.
- Position requires high degree of confidentiality, Three years progressively responsible experience in a Medical Staff Services Department, preferably with working knowledge of credentialing processes.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS)
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred; some college preferred
The Medical Staff Coordinator (MSC) provides support services for Medical Staff clinical departments and committees as assigned. Provides technical support for other Medical Staff functions; e.g., special projects for the department manager, oversight and support for credentialing, etc. Attends and provides support services to committee and department meetings as required.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Occasionally lift up to 10 pounds
- Occasionally push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed at interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Medical Staff Coordinator
Candidates can apply on our website : www.sharp.com/jobs, and inputting the requisition id number 85992.
Posted on February 27th, 2018
Opportunity for an experienced medical staff director to practice in a highly regarded medical group in Northern California, located between San Francisco and Sacramento and 30 minutes from Napa wine country.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor Degree
- 5 – 7 years relative experience
- Highly Competitive Compensation Packages
- M – F, no nights or weekends
This Director is accountable for the management, coordination, and supervision of all activities within the following departments: Medical Staff Office and libraries for NorthBay Healthcare Group which includes the Hospitals, Medical Practices/Group, and the free standing Ambulatory Surgery Center. This includes oversight of the medico-legal aspects of the medical staff service, and compliance with accreditation and regulatory requirements (i.e., The Joint Commission (TJC), Accreditation Association for Ambulatory HealthCare Inc. (AAAHC), National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Institute for Medical Quality (IMQ), and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) in regards to medical staff functions. Responsible for coordination and oversight of the Medical Staff Services Department, including physician and allied health practitioner credentialing and re-credentialing, , focused professional practice evaluation management, meeting management, flow of information from medical staff committees through the Medical Executive Committee, Medical Practices Credentialing Peer Review Committee, Medical Advisory Committee, Operating Committee and/or the Governing Board as appropriate. Maintains a working knowledge of the medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, and policies and keeps the medical staff updated on all changes. Responsible for establishing, contributing to, and maintaining continuity in the development, and implementation of standards and regulations applicable to the medical staff, related to credentialing, quality, and administrative functions. Provides consultative expertise to the medical staff and administration on options and actions to meet those standards. Develops and maintains the Continuing Medical Education program to include compliance with accreditation requirements. Responsible for budgetary management. Provides supervisory oversight of the Medical Services staff to achieve meeting the mission, vision, and goals of NorthBay Healthcare Group.
Applicants should apply here: https://www.jobs.net/jobs/northbayhealthcare/en-us/job/United-States/Director-Medical-Staff-Relations/J3M748671BQCXJZ4KL3/