ATTENTION: Employers and recruiters can advertise their current job opening and vacancy on the CAMSS website.
The information and cost for job postings on the CAMSS website is as follows:
- 30 Days – 100.00 (no revisions once posted)
- 3 Months – 150.00 (savings of 50.00) (with 1 free revision if needed)
- Revision price is 25.00 per revision/reposting
- Please provide a detailed job description and include contact information with how/to whom applicants should apply as well as a contact person for the posting
- Provide contact person of who will be responsible for payment
- Credit Card Payment through PayPal – please await an invoice from the CAMSS Treasurer in order to pay via credit card
♦ Job listing will be posted within 3 business days if paying via credit card
- Via Check :
♦ Payable to “CAMSS”
♦ Memo/note – Job posting, date and hospital name
♦ Send check to – Brian Bowlin – CAMSS Treasurer – 12277 Apple Valley Rd, #292, Apple Valley CA 92308
♦ *Please note, job will NOT be posted until check has been received
Quick Links to Job Listings
- Clinical Peer Review, Medical Staff Services, PeaceHealth, Vancouver, WA
- Medical Staff Coordinator, Rideout Health, Marysville, CA
- Medical Staff Services Specialist, Mission Hospital, Mission Viejo, CA
- Credentialing Coordinator, Santa Rosa Memorial/St Joseph Health, Sonoma, CA
- Director, Medical Staff Relations, NorthBay Health Care, Fairfield, CA
- Credentials Coordinator, Saint Francis Memorial Hospital, San Francisco, CA
Current Job Listings
Posted on October 18th, 2018
PeaceHealth is Hiring for a Clinical Peer Review position!
Are you a licensed health care provider looking to make a career change? Are you looking for variety in your work? Are you looking for more balance between work and play? Are you eager to work for a new manager with fresh ideas and passion for streamlining the peer review process? Do you want to work for a mission-based organization that serves its local community?
If so, PeaceHealth is the place for you!
PeaceHealth’s Medical Staff Services is hiring a Clinical Peer Review position. The Clinical Peer Review position serves as a clinical screener for potential peer review cases and assists in preparation of case summaries. Collaborating with a wide range of healthcare professionals, this position uses its clinical experience and strong communication skills to facilitate and coordinate the peer review process to ensure compliance with requirements and Medical Staff bylaws.
Qualified candidates must be a licensed RN, NP, PA, PharmD, or MD/DO.
Preferred experience includes:
- Three years of recent acute care, hospital-based clinical experience and multi-specialty background.
- Two years peer review coordination/experience
This position offers:
- Relocation Assistance
- Robust benefits package
- A team and mission-based work culture
Want to learn more? Visit jobs.peacehealth.org and search Req # ID: 167110.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Posted on October 10th, 2018
POSITION NUMBER: 050275
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Medical Staff Services
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Medical Staff Services responsibilities as assigned
EXEMPTION STATUS: This position is non-exempt
KNOWLEDGE: Minimum high school or GED equivalent education required.
- Knowledge of medical credentialing and privileging procedures and standards.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and draw inferences from research findings and prepare reports.
- Working knowledge of clinical and/or hospital operations and procedures.
- Informational research skills.
- Ability to use independent judgment to manage and impart confidential information.
- Database management skills including querying, reporting and document generation.
- Possess experience in physician and allied health credentialing.
- Possess a working knowledge of ECHO credentialing software; strong computer skills.
- Successfully performs administrative responsibilities assigned to this position.
- A minimum 3-5 years of experience in the field of Medical Staff Services.
LICENSE: CPCS certification preferred.
Provides support for all assigned administrative functions and duties related to Medical Staff Services.
1. Performs supportive functions and related duties for the Medical Staff Office as assigned; fulfills all aspects of credentialing and privileging processes independently.
2. Accepts, analyzes and processes initial applications and reapplications, medical and allied health staff electronically and manually.
3. Processes requests for appointment/reappointment/reappraisal, temporary privileges, modification of privileges, change in status and advancements according to established procedure.
4. Prepares applications/reapplications for committee review.
5. Completes primary source verification and initiates any follow-up correspondence within specified time lines, queries online verifications.
6. Utilizes knowledge of medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, national standards and regulatory requirements to assure application qualifications for membership and privileges at Rideout Hospital.
7. Completes necessary contacts toward completed applications/reapplications.
8. Maintains and updates electronic credentialing documents, updates and maintains an adequate inventory of hard copy application/reapplication packets; personalizes, mails and records receipt of applications/reapplications.
9. Completes primary source verifications and initiates any follow-up correspondence within specified time limits, queries such entities as the NPDB, Medical Board of CA, DEA, OIG, EPLS, background checks.
10. Communicates suspect or adverse information to Director and medical staff leadership when variances are identified.
11. Prompts and coordinates transmission of practitioner activity data and peer review information.
12. Prepares credentialing summaries, review forms and credentials files for review, prompts department chair review schedules applicant interviews as needed.
13. Prepares applications for Interdisciplinary Practice Committee and Credentials Committee.
14. Ensures that the applications/reapplications are properly endorsed.
15. Prepares status reports as requested.
16. Maintains efficient logs and tickler systems to prompt timely processing of temporary privileges, applications and advancement processes.
17. Communicates suspect or adverse information, confers with medical staff leadership when variances are identified.
18. Prepares and disseminates letters to applicants announcing board actions.
19. Provides administrative support for committee and department meetings as assigned.
20. Provides administrative support for preparing and distributing agendas, minutes and follow-up materials associated with the department/committee meetings as assigned.
21. Coordinates room reservations, setup including catering and audiovisual equipment as requested as assigned.
22. Assembles and distributes meeting materials as assigned.
23. Possesses the ability to accurately records attendances, business and actions, prepares minutes per established timelines as assigned.
24. Relays actions and/or instruction to appropriate personnel as assigned.
25. Initiates follow-up as directed by committee or department action as assigned.
26. Maintains minutes and attendance records as assigned.
27. Maintains accuracy and integrity of credentials files, Filing systems and databases.
28. Performs general office functions (reception, phones, office coverage, supplies, correspondence and other tasks) as assigned.
29. Pickup and distribute incoming and outgoing mail on a daily basis.
30. Provides assistance and administrative support to Director and medical staff leaders as needed.
31. Assists with orderly upkeep and continuous improvement of Medical Staff Service Operations.
32. Assists with assessment of supplies inventory, prepared acknowledgments as requested, prepares compliance reports as requested.
33. Receives and welcomes guest to office, provides assistance with their needs and requests.
34. Provides assistance and administrative support to Director and medical staff leaders as needed.
35. Assists with the development/efficiency of office procedure.
36. Assures that on-call schedules are completed in a timely manner and revised when indicated when requested.
37. Prepares drafts, distributes and revises monthly on-call schedules when requested.
38. Contacts physicians and medical staff leaders to fill open date when requested.
39. Maintains documentation and records of on-call participation when requested.
1. Maintains personal responsibility in awareness of federal, state, legal and accrediting regulations.
2. Knows and upholds hospital and departmental policies.
3. Contributes to the time management of the department by being punctual to work and prepared to work according to the department and hospital standards.
4. Appropriate usage of sick leave per hospital policy.
5. Uses good body mechanics in performing assigned duties and reports injuries in a timely manner.
6. Promotes a professional image by adhering to established Dress and Grooming Polices of the hospital and the Department.
7. Maintains confidentiality of all departmental and hospital information according to established procedures.
8. Maximizes job potential by attending all mandatory education and in-service programs as indicated by attendance records, CEU’s and completes all read and sign information in a timely manner.
9. Demonstrates an ability to set appropriate priorities, functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
10. Maintain license and/or certification, specific to their profession.
1. Recognizes when others are in need of assistance and consistently offers help when own workload permits or finds someone who can.
2. Interacts in a courteous, positive and professional manner with co-workers, medical staff, patients and visitors to effectively coordinate departmental activities for overall hospital function.
3. Informs supervisor of activities and changes that affect the operations of the department.
4. Attentive to others points of view, recognize that their concerns are real and demonstrate capability to encourage two-way communication.
5. Demonstrates willingness to provide the highest quality service appropriate based on the concept, philosophy and goals and improving organizational performance of the Fremont-Rideout Health Group.
Apply to: www.frhg.org
Posted on September 21st, 2018
The Greeley Company is a highly regarded professional services organization with a 30-year history of partnering with hospitals and healthcare organizations nationwide, offering physicians and hospital leaders consulting and other services to solve various administrative challenges allowing them to continue delivering high-quality, cost-effective patient care.
This position is located at Mission Hospital in Mission Viejo, California. It is designed for the medical staff professional interested in growth...growth as an individual professional, growth within the Greeley Company, growth in experience, knowledge base and in position. Join us on this incredible journey and let’s create stunning success together! Mission Hospital is a Joint Commission accredited, full-service acute care hospital with 523 licensed beds and serves the needs of the south county adult and pediatric communities as a verified Regional Level II Trauma Center, inpatient mental health provider and designated Stroke Receiving Center. CHOC Children’s at Mission is a separately licensed hospital within the hospital.
Under the direction of the Director or Manager of Medical Staff Services, coordinates internal and external activities of the Medical Staff including medical staff meeting management, proctoring and specialty specific privileges and monitoring. This position Assists Medical Staff Officers, departments and committees in the pursuit of their responsibilities as defined in the Medical Staff Bylaws, and Rules/Regulations.
Responsibilities and Duties
Manages the functions required to comply with external accreditation standards, state laws and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Conditions of Participation. The Medical Staff Services Specialist is expected to be able to perform all meeting management and follow-up as assigned. This position assists the Director in developing reports for meetings, including the credentials report for presentation to the Credentials Committee, Medical Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Proficiency with medical terminology required
- Knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements and accreditation standards (i.e., TJC, DHS, CMS, and Title 22)
- Knowledge and experience with meeting management responsibilities and activities as it relates to the Medical Staff Services Department (MSSD)
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to function independently with minimal direct supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to adapt to changing schedules, deadlines and demands, and a heavy workload.
27700 Medical Center Road, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Greeley is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V is encouraged to apply.
Apply To: email@example.com
Posted on September 4th, 2018
Have you ever considered living in beautiful Sonoma County, CA? With hundreds of wineries, lots of warm sunshine, miles of rugged Pacific coastline and multiple nature parks, it is a dream location to call home!
Located just off the Highway 101 corridor, approximately 55 miles north of San Francisco, Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital is a state-of-the-art, 300+ bed acute care hospital providing a wide range of specialty services. The hospital is home to the region's Level II Trauma Center serving the entire Coastal Valleys area, including Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino and Lake counties, as well as coastal Marin County.
We are currently looking for a Full-time Credentialing Coordinator to join our Northern CA Credentialing team.
The Credentialing Coordinator is responsible for the quality and coordination of all aspects of Medical Staff and Allied Health credentialing and privileging. Provides assistance to the Medical Staff leadership in the evaluation of current competency of each practitioner in the appointment, provisional/probationary review, reappointment, and new/additional privileging processes in order to help assure patient safety and protect the hospital against potential liability. Provides assistance in updating privileging criteria. This position oversees the credentialing process performed by other Medical Staff Services staff.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Education: Associate’s Degree preferably in Medical Staff Services (or closely related) from accredited college or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: At least two years of experience in an acute care hospital. Prefer at least one year of acute care credentialing experience.
- Licensure/Certification: Certification by the National Association of Medical Staff Services(NAMSS), i.e., CPMSM, CPCS, is preferred.
To Apply: Please email your resume to Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on August 22nd, 2018
Opportunity for an experienced medical staff director to practice in a highly regarded medical group in Northern California, located between San Francisco and Sacramento and 30 minutes from Napa wine country.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor Degree
- 5 – 7 years relative experience
- Highly Competitive Compensation Packages
- M – F, no nights or weekends
This Director is accountable for the management, coordination, and supervision of all activities within the following departments: Medical Staff Office and libraries for NorthBay Healthcare Group which includes the Hospitals, Medical Practices/Group, and the free standing Ambulatory Surgery Center. This includes oversight of the medico-legal aspects of the medical staff service, and compliance with accreditation and regulatory requirements (i.e., The Joint Commission (TJC), Accreditation Association for Ambulatory HealthCare Inc. (AAAHC), National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Institute for Medical Quality (IMQ), and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) in regards to medical staff functions. Responsible for coordination and oversight of the Medical Staff Services Department, including physician and allied health practitioner credentialing and re-credentialing, focused professional practice evaluation management, meeting management, flow of information from medical staff committees through the Medical Executive Committee, Medical Practices Credentialing Peer Review Committee, Medical
Advisory Committee, Operating Committee and/or the Governing Board as appropriate. Maintains a working knowledge of the medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, and policies and keeps the medical staff updated on all changes. Responsible for establishing, contributing to, and maintaining continuity in the development, and implementation of standards and regulations applicable to the medical staff, related to credentialing, quality, and administrative functions. Provides consultative expertise to the medical staff and administration on options and actions to meet those standards. Develops and maintains the Continuing Medical Education program to include compliance with accreditation requirements. Responsible for budgetary management. Provides supervisory oversight of the Medical Services staff to achieve meeting the mission, vision, and goals of NorthBay Healthcare Group.
Please email your resume to Donna Parrot, Physician Recruitment Consultant for NorthBay Health Care at Donna.Parrot@NorthBay.org
Posted on July 20th, 2018
Saint Francis Memorial Hospital
Medical Staff Administration
Position: Credentials Coordinator
1.0 (40 hours per week), Shift: Days with no weekends
The Credentials Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Director of Medical Staff and Senior Coordinator supporting the mission and goals of Dignity Health and Saint Francis Memorial Hospital. The Credentials Coordinator facilitates all initial application requests, processes reappointments and prepares/analyzes files for Director review. Supporting the monthly Credentials Committee meeting, the Credentials Coordinator works regularly with the Department Chairs. Additional duties include facilitating all expirables and as assigned.
High Scholl or equivalent required
2 years prior experience in medical staff services preferred
CPCS Certification preferred or within 3 years of hire.
Medical staff software database
Excellent organizational skills
Strong communication and customer services skills
Analytical thinking for short and long term projects
To apply, please visit www.dignityhealthcareers.org/careers/facilitites/Saint-Francis-Memorial-Hospital