Posted on September 11th, 2019
Bakersfield Heart Hospital is seeking a Coordinator, Medical Staff Services to join our exceptional team.
The candidate will direct the overall management of the medical staff services. Serves as liaison between administration, medical staff and the Hospital. Oversees credentialing, privileging, bylaws, rules& regulations, policies and practitioner competency. Assumes responsibility for continuous compliance with state and federal regulations including Joint Commission (TJC) standards and California Medical Association (CMA) guidelines as they relate to the organized medical staff and the medical staff services department. Responsible for all coordination, development of agenda and generation of minutes for all Medical staff committees meetings
- Ensures a high quality medical staff by thoroughly investigating and verifying the credentials of all applicants to the medical staff
- Evaluates the hospital practice and privileges of all members seeking reappointment to the medical staff/Allied Health categories.
- Provides a vehicle to improve quality via the medical staff committee process and by maintaining records of all medical staff committees
- Contributes to efficient and cost-effective operation of the Medical Staff Service by monitoring and planning for budgets and expenses.
- Promotes medical staff compliance with regulatory and accreditation agencies by continuously monitoring the operations of the hospital Medical Staff Office and effectively initiating change when needed.
- NAMSS Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) required.
- Certified Professional Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) preferred.
- Bachelors’ Degree in health care administration, business or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five to seven years of experience as a medical staff services professional within a hospital setting.
- Must have successful experience in medical staff credentialing, basic medical staff organization structure/governance, and regulatory requirements.
Contact: Monique Brown, HR Manager, 661-316-6091
Located in California’s Central Valley, Bakersfield offers the very best of the California Lifestyle. Ideally situated within two hours of Los Angeles, Central Coast beaches and the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Bakersfield’s cultural and recreational opportunities are almost limitless. At Bakersfield Heart Hospital (BHH), we specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of heart and vascular disease, but also care for a wide range of other medical and surgical patients. From our Women’s Heart Center that focuses on helping women identify their risk factors for heart disease, to our 24/7 Emergency Department where anyone with an emergency can be seen, BHH is here for our community. At BHH, we employ professional and administrative non-clinical staff dedicated to the enhancement of services provided by our employees. BHH has exceptional staff who pride themselves on treating their patients with the highest amount of care, just as they would their own family members.
What we offer
Bakersfield Heart Hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive pay, robust health and wellness offerings including medical, dental and vision plans, for the employee and their dependents, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAa), Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability. We also offer a 401k retirement plan with employer-match, and generous paid days off to use for vacation, illness or personal needs.