Posted on June 17th, 2019
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
This full-time, fast-paced position works in the Medical Staff Services Department (MSSD) to support the credentialing and privileging process and all related activities. In addition, this position is responsible for monitoring the accuracy and timeliness of all credentialing activities performed by other staff members within the Department.
Key Responsibilities include:
Creating and maintaining departmental workflows and process documentation, performing research and analysis to produce SBARs, project management for special projects, training team members and employees in various departments regarding privileging/privilege forms, initiating/sustaining process improvement initiatives in the department using Six Sigma methodology, granting MSOW view-only access to other department within COH as necessary.
• Performs all re-credentialing and re-privileging aspects of Medical Staff and Allied Health Professional Staff using the department’s medical staff software program (MSOW).
• Serves as the subject matter expert to staff members with responsibility to conduct credentialing activities. In addition, monitors and balance the workload of identified staff members to ensure efficiency and productivity in credentialing.
• Creates and maintains credentialing processes and trains and coaches staff on the use of established workflows to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
• Ensures all workflow changes are reflected in departmental policies and procedures and that all changes to processes are in compliance with Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations.
• Serves as a liaison between MSSD and IT to ensure that all privilege form changes are implemented and available for use in the e/Delineate privileging software.
• Leads training on the proper use of the department’s medical staff credentialing and privileging software program for new departmental employees, new practitioners to the Medical Center and various departments (e.g. OR schedulers, Departments/Divisions and individual practitioners).
• Other Duties: Responsible for coordinating and overseeing all outgoing credentialing correspondence, including verification of Medical Staff member affiliations; shares responsibility for incoming telephone calls to the MSSD with other department staff; assists in preparing for all accreditation surveys. In addition, supports the Department Director in establishing goals and benchmarks for credentialing team and regularly monitor and report on the progress of those goals.
Basic educational, experience and skills required for consideration:
• Bachelor's degree
• 8 years of work experience as a Credentials/Medical Staff Coordinator and work experience demonstrating computer competency and capability of functioning in the role of a data analyst and/or business analyst
• Experience in acute health care delivery setting with direct knowledge in Joint Commission standards related to credentialing and privileging.
Preferred education experience and skills:
• Two years of college credit, or college courses in Medical Terminology, Business English, Written Composition, Coursework in a quantitative field highly desirable
• Certification from the National Association of Medical Staff Services as a CPMSM (Certified Professional in Medical Services Management) or CPCS (Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist)
• Knowledge of NCQA standards
• Software: Experience in MSOW, e-Delineate, Microsoft Office applications essential. Working knowledge of spreadsheets (Excel), presentation development, word processing, E-mail, and browsers. Knowledge of Crystal Report highly desirable
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please send resumes directly to Daniel Quinones, City of Hope, Talent Solutions and Operation at email@example.com.
Or you may apply online: