Posted on September 23rd, 2020
Provide Critical Support
Our company doesn’t run without our administrative professionals. Come join a team where you will utilize your strengths and have the opportunity for personal growth, empowering you to realize your potential.
In this role, you will initiate the appointment/credentialing and reappointment/recredentialing process, compiling and processing data in compliance with local, regional, state, and federal accreditation requirements. You will ensure thorough and timely verification of Licensed Independent Practitioner’s (LIP) and Allied Health Professional Staff (AHP) credentials and privileges according to local and regional medical staff services policies and procedures for practitioners in both the hospital and/or ambulatory settings. You will also provide medical staff service support services to professional staff by supporting professional staff committee meetings, initiating the proctoring function, tracking of residents/medical students, and acting as a resource for physicians, allied health professionals, medical center leadership and patients. In addition, you will complete specific time limited project assignments as delegated by Director of Medical Staff Services or Senior Medical Staff Coordinator.
- An AA degree or two years of experience in a directly related field
- A high school diploma or GED
- Proficient with IBM PC, medical staff database
- Proficient with medical terminology
- Significant knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements and accreditation standards (i.e., TJC, NCQA, DOC, DHS, DMHC, CMS, Title 22)
- Strong organization, communication, and written skills with attention to detail
- The demonstrated ability to function independently with minimal direct supervision
- The ability to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- CPCS or at least three years of demonstrated knowledge of medical staff service functions related to credentialing/privileging preferred
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Two – Four years of prior experience, TJC, NCQA, CDPH, Title 22 knowledge, critical thinking and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to multitask projects
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 894706. For additional information, please contact Michele.Austin@kp.org.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers