Posted on June 29th, 2020
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County.
8 hour, Part-time (32 hours/week), Day, Variable, working no weekends. Position could be FT dependant upon the candidate.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in healthcare environment is required.
- Experience to include, but is not limited to: meeting coordination and transcribing minutes, communicating with varying levels of personnel both verbally and in writing, and working in a confidential environment. Basic knowledge of medical terminology is required.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM)-ASSET.
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS)-ASSET.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum one year of experience related to credentialing or medical staff operations is preferred.
- Experience with Physician databases is preferred.
- Knowledge of Medical Staff Bylaws, JCAHO, CMA and Title 22 is preferred.
- Associates degree or higher, and/or coursework in healthcare administration preferred.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical Staff Coordinator utilizes independent critical thinking and problem-solving skills, responsible for administering, coordinating and maintaining Medical Staff services related to credentialing, re-credentialing, provider on- and off-boarding, and clinical department and committee operations and projects. Ensures accurate interpretation and compliance with appropriate accreditation and regulatory agencies, while developing and maintaining a working knowledge of the statues and laws related to assigned Medical Staff processes. Responsible for maintaining the accuracy and the integrity of department records, databases and systems. Proactively communicates with providers, internal stakeholders, and colleagues to ensure a high-level of customer service is provided.
The Medical Staff Services department supports the Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus Hospitals.
Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus, part of Sharp HealthCare, is located in San Diego, California. The campus is home to the system’s flagship hospital, Sharp Memorial, a 368-bed, Magnet-recognized facility known for its outstanding emergency and trauma services, heart care, cancer treatment, orthopedics program, robotic surgery, and organ transplantation services. The campus also includes three specialty hospitals – Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns; Sharp Mesa Vista, a behavioral health hospital; and Sharp McDonald Center, a chemical dependency treatment facility – as well as Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion, Sharp Home Care, and the Sharp Allison deRose Rehabilitation Center. The hospitals regularly perform in the top decile or better in patient, physician and employee satisfaction.
Applicants visit www.sharp.com/jobs and search for Req ID #102826