Posted on September 8th, 2020
Serving the greater Stanislaus County with 423 plus acute care beds, Memorial Medical Center provides a full continuum of care including 24-hour emergency care, inpatient and outpatient surgery, obstetrics, pediatrics, nuclear medicine, dialysis therapy, diagnostic imaging, intensive care, physical therapy, and home health. Specialized care includes Memorial Regional Cancer Center and Memorial Heart Institute.
The Medical Staff Services Manager is responsible for the medical-administrative and medical-legal aspects of the Medical Staff organization at Memorial Medical Center; possessing the fundamental knowledge to function within department context. The position is responsible for establishing and maintaining continuity in the planning, development and implementation of standards applicable to Medical Staff Members and Allied Health Professionals relating to appointment/credentialing and the organized Medical Staff activities. Monitors site-specific Medical Staff Bylaws/Rules & Regulations, and makes recommendations for revisions to keep them current and in compliance with state and federal standards and regulations, as well as reflective of the current practice at each site. Provides supervision of personnel who staff the Medical Staff Services Department and provides oversight for all Department/Committee meetings, credentialing activities, continuing medical education, and investigational studies (as appropriate), in accordance with the FDA (Federal Drug Administration), and in compliance with the applicable TJC (The Joint Commission) Standards, IMQ (Institute for Medical Quality), CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services), and CDPH (California Department of Public Health) standards regarding pertinent Title 22 regulations.
Bachelor's: Business Administration, Healthcare, or related field preferred OR equivalent education/experience required.
Other: Successful completion of a medical terminology course or willing to complete the Sutter course.
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
NAMSS National Association Medical Staff Services or equivalent certification required upon hire.
5 years experience within the Medical Staff Services field. 1 year supervisory experience.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Successful completion of a medical terminology course.
- Must demonstrate excellent written/verbal interpersonal communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage own time and schedule own tasks. Must have initiative to work efficiently without constant supervision and direction.
- Possess excellent organizational and prioritization skills, supervise work of others and able to work at several projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of English grammar and spelling, ability to edit and compose correspondence, minutes, and reports. Knowledge of formats for minutes and letters. Knowledge of filing systems and other office procedures.
- Must be able to travel in and out of Stanislaus County, including transcontinental travel. If MMC and/or own vehicle used on Association business must possess valid California driver’s license and upon request, provide proof of liability insurance.
- Successful daily problem solving and conflict resolution skills are preferred.
- Advanced computer experience desired.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
Contact: Stacy Pike-Cortes, Sutter Health, firstname.lastname@example.org