Posted on October 1st, 2019
Have you ever considered living in beautiful Sonoma County, CA? With hundreds of wineries, lot of warm sunshine, miles of rugged Pacific coastline and multiple nature parks, it is a dream location to call home!
Petaluma Valley Hospital is approximately 40 miles north of San Francisco just off the Highway 101 corridor in southern Sonoma County in the town of Petaluma. Petaluma is now known as one of the top 100 places to raise a family. This 80-bed acute and critical care hospital is ranked in the top 10% of Hospitals in Northern California for best practices. It's a great time to grow your career as a Medical Staff Services Manager!
Facility supervision for medical staff services including meeting management, credentialing/re-credentialing/privileging oversight, medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, policies and procedures development and revision. Responsible for departmental operations, budgeting, planning, development of information systems and coordination of information flow with other departments and the medical and allied health staffs.
- Oversees Medical Staff Services including personnel, planning, budgeting, directing, staffing, evaluation, and the development of policies and procedures to assure accomplishment of strategic goals for the department and organization.
- Monitors the process for applications, reapplications and privileging for medical and allied health professional staff for the entity medical staff services.
- Provides administrative consultation to the medical staff leadership for grievance procedures and the fair hearing process in accordance with the medical staff bylaws and the rules and regulations and works with legal counsel as needed.
- Oversees the peer review process and facilitates corrective actions.
- Oversees and assures compliance of monthly Medical Staff department, section and committee meetings as addressed in the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations.
- Attends meetings and participates on committees as required. Records and summarizes meeting minutes and performs appropriate follow up. Maintains as confidential, accurate and up to date Medical Staff Department, Committee and Section minutes. Keeps the MEC/EC apprised of medical staff activity as needed, coordinator medical staff meeting agenda preparation, participant notification, and room and food service scheduling.
- Performs administrative tasks as needed for Administration and Medical Staff and acts as liaison to the Medical Staff Leadership CMO, and the Executive Management Team. .Works with Hospital Administration and the Medical Staff providing resources needed to enable the medical staff fulfill their duties and obligations as defined by TJCA, DHS, CMS and other regulatory agencies, the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, Policies and as delegated by the Hospitals Board.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent of education and/or training.
- 5 years experience in medical staff services in a large, broad-based healthcare environment.
- License/Certification: National Association of Medical Staff Services Certification. as a CPCS or CPMSM.
To Apply: Please email your resume to Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org.