Posted on March 26th, 2020
The Greeley Company is a highly regarded professional services organization with a 30-year history of partnering with hospitals and healthcare organizations nationwide, offering physicians and hospital leaders consulting and other services to solve various administrative challenges allowing them to continue delivering high-quality, cost-effective patient care.
This position is located at Mission Hospital in Mission Viejo, California and provides services to the Medical Staff of Mission Hospital (campus located at Mission Viejo and Laguna Beach) and the Medical Staff of CHOC Children’s at Mission Hospital. It is designed for the medical staff professional interested in growth...growth as an individual professional, growth within the Greeley Company, growth in experience, knowledge base and in position. Join us on this incredible journey and let’s create stunning success together! Mission Hospital is a Joint Commission accredited, full-service acute care hospital with 523 licensed beds and serves the needs of the south county adult and pediatric communities as a verified Regional Level II Trauma Center, inpatient mental health provider and designated Stroke Receiving Center. CHOC Children’s at Mission is a Joint Commission accredited and separately licensed hospital within the hospital.
Under the direction of the Director of Medical Staff Services, coordinates internal and external activities of the Medical Staffs including medical staff credentialing and privileging. This position assists Medical Staff Officers, departments and committees in the pursuit of their responsibilities as defined in the Medical Staff Bylaws, and Rules/Regulations.
Responsibilities and Duties
Manages the functions required to comply with external accreditation standards, state laws and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Conditions of Participation. The Medical Staff Services Specialist is expected to be able to perform all credentialing and privileging functions as assigned. This position assists the Director in developing reports for meetings, including the credentials report for presentation to the Credentials Committee, Medical Executive Committee and Board of Trustees.
- Proficiency with medical terminology required
- Knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements and accreditation standards (i.e., TJC, DHS, CMS, and Title 22)
- Knowledge and experience with credentialing and privileging responsibilities and activities as it relates to the Medical Staff Services Department (MSSD)
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to function independently with minimal direct supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MDStaff
- Ability to adapt to changing schedules, deadlines and demands
27700 Medical Center Road, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Greeley is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V is encouraged to apply. To apply, please send resume to email@example.com.