Posted on January 14th, 2021
You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
Play a key role with a world-class health system. Deliver outstanding leadership that makes award-winning patient care possible. Make the most of your unique abilities. UCan do all this and more at UCLA Health.
Reporting directly to the Chief Medical and Quality Officer, you will be responsible for the daily operations of the Medical and Professional Staff Services Department (MPSSD) that serves our hospitals and medical group. We’re looking to you for expert guidance and support in the development of goals, policies, bylaws, and rules and regulations for our physician governance structures that enable exceptional patient care. This position requires a committed advocate for our CICARE values, and a diverse, equitable, and inclusive healthcare environment. You will:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant accreditation and regulatory requirements
- Oversee the Credentialing Verification Office
- Provide responsive primary source verification to the practitioner, department, and credentialing committees
- Serve as a liaison for the Chiefs of Staff, Chief Medical Officers, Health System leaders, UC Office of the President, and external agencies
- Oversee electronic credentialing and onboarding software and the physician information database
- Guide staff to identify opportunities for streamlining and automation
- Manage departmental budget
Contract employment also an option.
Named #1 in California and #4 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, UCLA Health features four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary/specialty care practices and urgent care centers throughout Southern California as well as the David Geffen School of Medicine. If you’re looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, UCan at UCLA Health. Play a key role with a world-class health system. Deliver outstanding leadership that makes award-winning patient care possible. Make the most of your unique abilities. UCan do all this and more at UCLA Health.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
We’re seeking a results-driven, self-motivated change agent with:
- Directly related Bachelor’s degree
- In-depth knowledge of external regulations, credentialing best practices and clinical operations in an acute care setting
- Knowledge of HR and UC policies and processes
- Exceptional strategic planning, organizational and resource management skills
- Ability to develop and integrate organizational programs
- Confidentiality in managing sensitive issues and information
- Proven ability to lead organizational change initiatives
- Advanced skills in building effective working relationships
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Exceptional skills in leading and motivating others, managing conflict and creating a climate of collaboration and trust
- Ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Thorough understanding of process improvement methodologies, continuous quality improvement and fiscal management
- Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) preferred