Posted on January 21st, 2021
About Sharp Memorial Hospital
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Person-Centered Care Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Sharp Memorial Hospital Recent Awards and Recognitions
- Fall 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade Survey - A for Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Bronze Standard Level 3 accreditation as an "Accredited Senior-Friendly Emergency Department" by the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) - Sharp Memorial Hospital
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award - Sharp Memorial Hospital
- 2020 & 2019 - San Diego Union-Tribune "San Diego's Best" Hospital Single Location - Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Newsweek "World's Best Hospitals 2019" - Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Joint Commission Three-Year Accreditation 2018 - Sharp Memorial Hospital
Sharp HealthCare is a not-for-profit integrated regional health care delivery system based in San Diego, California. Sharp includes four acute care hospitals, three specialty hospitals, two affiliated medical groups, a health plan, plus a full spectrum of other facilities and services. Serving a population of approximately 3 million in San Diego County, Sharp has more than 19,000 employees and 3,000 affiliated physicians on medical staffs and operates 1,850 beds.
The Sharp Experience is our unique, system wide commitment to transforming the health care experience in San Diego by becoming the best place to work, practice medicine and receive care.
Director Medical Staff Services – Sharp Memorial Hospital
Director Medical Staff Services works with Hospital Administration and the Medical Staff, directing and coordinating administrative support. Provides resources needed for the Medical Staff enabling them to fulfill their duties and obligations as defined by State and National regulatory agencies and the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations as delegated by the Hospital's Board of Trustees.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Medical Staff Services required.
- Knowledge of medico legal issues, laws, regulatory agency requirements and standards.
- Possesses strong interpersonal and management skills.
- Requires independent problem solving and decision-making abilities, flexibility, perseverance and fortitude.
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Master’s Degree preferred or equivalent training and experience.
- Certified Medical Staff Coordinator or eligible for certification, or actively pursuing NAMSS Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or NAMSS Medical Services Management (CPMSM) certification.
Provides professional guidance and administrative support to the Medical Staff. Provides ongoing direction and supervision of Medical Staff Office personnel. Oversees and assures compliance of monthly committee, department and Medical Staff meetings as addressed in the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations. Oversees, develops, and maintains an up-to-date electronic database for all currently approved appointees to be used for credentialing purposes and for appropriate in-house departments. Initiates, oversees, administers, verifies, complies, manages, and maintains confidential research required for credentialing activities. Improves professional growth, knowledge of job to maintain efficiency and effectiveness of the Medical Staff office by belonging to professional organizations. Reviews and acts upon recommendations received by JCAHO, Risk Management, legal and other federal or state regulations and hospital Mission Statement. Researches and prepares operation, capital equipment and personnel budgets and forwards to Administration. Monitors expenses of the department to stay within approved budgets.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Possesses strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to medical staff leaders, administrative personnel and others both verbally and in writing. Excellent verbal communication in one-on-one situations and in groups. Ability to make formal presentations
- Shows initiative in responding to the changing role of the Medical Staff organization and is proactive in meeting those challenges
- Ability to solve problems and resolve conflicts
- Possesses comprehensive expertise and knowledge in Medical Staff leadership. Ability to prioritize assignments
- Ability to adapt to flexible work schedule
- Exhibits professional appearance and demeanor
Compensation and Benefits:
The position provides a very competitive compensation, including opportunity to participate in a management bonus incentive program along with a generous benefit package.
Members of and applicants to the Medical Staff; Administration, Hospital Staff, Board of Trustees, Public.
Please note: Unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.