Posted on October 2nd, 2022
FT – DAYS
Reporting to the Director of Quality and Medical Staff Services this position is responsible for processing applications for appointment and/or reappointment from providers as well as other processes pertinent to credentialing, such as change of status, and /or category changes, additional privilege requests, Ensures that appointment and reappointments meet regulatory standards. Interprets the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, general hospital policies and procedures, and other regulations governing the Medical Staff.
- Reviews applications and other documents for completeness and initiates verification of all information contained therein as well as ensuring that request for privileges are appropriate based on set criteria.
- Obtains approvals and provides information for the file review and approval process as appropriate
- Maintains and updates the information for the providers in database
- Supports other competency management functions such as proctoring, performance evaluations, etc. in accordance with bylaws, rules and regulations and policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates issues and ongoing status of assigned work to Director/Manager
- Five (5) years of Credentialing experience in an acute care setting.
- Certification in Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) Services Management (CPMSM) is preferred, but must be certified within two years of hire date.
- Knowledgeable concerning the federal and state regulations and standards related to the Medical Staff Functions.
- MD Staff experience highly preferred
- Basic medical terminology preferred
- Knowledge of computer applications and word processing (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, etc)
- Organizational skills and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and able to set priorities and management multiple demands effectively
- Ability to function well within a team and independently
- Ability to efficiently organize, prioritize, and maintain workload via electronic database and use available resources.
Applicants apply here: https://redlandshospital.hcshiring.com/jobs/qi-D-p9Qn0O2aCRZiqHquw