Posted on December 23rd, 2020
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Yuba County is California's gateway to the historic Mother Lode Country, with a diverse landscape that boasts grand rivers, thriving farmland, friendly communities and numerous recreational possibilities that extend into the Sierra foothills. Sutter County is home for the Sutter Buttes, known as the Smallest Mountain Range in the World. Considered "sister cities" our communities have that small town feel so many people are seeking. Our rivers, lakes, mountains, year-round festivals and fairs, entertainment, diverse recreation opportunities, hunting, camping, hiking, boating, fishing, community events, fine dining establishments, first-rate lodging, bikeways, and historic downtown shopping makes the Yuba and Sutter Counties a great place to live. With a lower cost of living, you can enjoy California life with Tahoe, Napa or the Bay Area only being a 2-hour drive.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Medical Staff Coordinator who: Acts as liaison between organization administration and the medical staff. Processes initial medical staff applications for presentation and approval. Manages medical staff committees and supports medical staff leadership. Coordinates small program(s) with limited budget/impact.
- Maintains a positive relationship with medical staff leadership, representing administrative issues successfully to influence collaboration between physicians and leadership.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the medical staff.
- Assumes responsibility for meeting management (agenda preparation, minutes, meeting follow-up, etc.) for assigned medical staff departments and committee functions.
- Engages in credentialing functions for medical and allied health staff, which may include: appointment, reappointment, privileging, ongoing professional practice evaluation, focused professional practice evaluations/proctoring, and provisional review to ensure compliance with medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, state and federal requirements and accreditation standards.
- Interfaces with various departments and physicians to provide and interpret relevant data enabling identification of any practitioners who may not meet the standards of care for the community.
- Maintains current knowledge of medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, hospital policies related to medical staff and regulatory agency requirements.
- Maintains medical staff database and official rosters and call schedules. Maintains medical staff documents, policies and procedures in such a way as to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Manages medical staff dues & fees.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's / Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
Please contact Estee Holland, Manager, Talent Acquisition via email hollanEM@ah.org or phone 530-749-4651
And a couple of interesting links:
https://www.adventisthealth.org/rideout/careers-at-rideout-health/ - Background about our hospital
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ja1zfbsPaw – Background on the Rideout Legacy