Posted on February 12th, 2021
Founded in 1887, Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II trauma center, the Los Angeles Center for Women’s Health, obstetrics and pediatric services, and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest health care systems.
Visit us at: https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/californiahospital for more information.
The Medical Staff Meeting Coordinator is responsible for preparation of agendas, minutes and timely follow up for Medical Staff meetings; maintains and oversees all calendar coordination for meetings, virtual platforms, and/or room set-up, notices, calendar scheduling, and facilitates Information Systems as needed. This position is responsible for ER Call Panel arrangements and maintains a system for current documentation for medical staff expirables. In addition, some credentialing and re-credentialing functions are required. This position reports to the Director of Medical Staff Services.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 3-5 years minimum experience in Medical Staff Services.
- Experience in CACTUS software or equal credentialing program.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission and CMS standards and Title XXII regulations.
- Possess excellent spelling and grammar skills. Ability to compose letters/memorandums and professional correspondence,
- Effective communication skills and excellent planning skills in order to prioritize responsibilities and perform tasks with little to no supervision within specified time frames and tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Workspace).
- Ability to adapt to flexible work schedules and frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to understand and process basic credentialing functions including but not limited to processing temporary privileges and screening new practitioner applications.
- Associate Degree in Medical Staff Services Management or equivalent courses, training and experience preferred.
- CPMSM or CPCS preferred or completing track for certification.
For immediate consideration, please visit our Careers website to learn more about this exciting position and how to apply at:
Additionally, to learn more about our mission and our values, as well as other career opportunities at our various CommonSpirit Health facilities, click here.