Posted on July 6th, 2021
Purpose Statement / Position Summary
The Medical Staff Coordinator is responsible for performing and/or overseeing the credentialing and privileging of physicians and allied health professionals. This might include initial credentialing, reappointments, privileging (including special and temporary privileges) ongoing professional practice evaluation, proctoring, competencies, maintaining practitioner information in electronic and paper files, monitoring expiring documents, and other aspects related to credentialing and privileging. The Coordinator also supports the medical staff in its self-governance functions by supporting department and committee meetings, and assisting in the development of privileging criteria. The Coordinator may assist with researching occurrences involving physicians, and in preparing correspondence at the request of, or on behalf of, medical staff officers and committee chairs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Credentialing and Privileging—may include processing, overseeing, and/or facilitating initial and reappointment applications, privileging, requests for additional privileges or temporary privileges, pursuing expiring documents, overseeing proctoring and/or annual competencies, and coordinating ongoing professional practice evaluation (OPPE).
- Meeting Management—may include preparing and sending meeting notices, preparing agendas, taking and transcribing minutes, and performing follow-up from meetings.
- Departmental Administrative Functions—may include, but not limited to, coordinating or assisting with special events, producing reports, researching regulatory or accreditation standards, filing.
- Credentialing and Other Computer Systems—may include attending training, effectively utilizing all software systems to perform essential job functions, adhering to established data entry conventions.
- Other Duties—other duties as assigned by the Director or Administration.
- Ability to be at work and be on time
- Ability to follow company policies, procedures and directives
- Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a hospital medical staff office as a Medical Staff Coordinator, Credentialist, or similar.
- Understanding of medical staff regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and credentialing databases.
- Professional demeanor, excellent critical thinking skills, strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to complete job responsibilities with a high degree of accuracy under minimum supervision, requiring a sense of self-direction and a strong sense of responsibility and accountability to ensure that work is completed accurately and timely.
- Discretion and judgment in the handling of confidential and/or sensitive information.
- High school diploma required; some college or technical education preferred
- CPCS or CPMSM certification encouraged
Applicants apply directly on our website: https://careers.memorialcare.org/job/fountain-valley/medical-staff-coordinator-ft-days/28372/8111194272?utm_source=email&utm_medium=social_post&utm_campaign=MemorialCare_social