Posted on June 17th, 2021
FT 8 hr day shift, 8:00am – 4:30pm
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma/equivalent and some college
- 3 years (current) acute care Medical Staff experience including credentialing, privileging, department chief and committee support, working knowledge of medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and experience with Joint Commission survey process
- Meeting coordination and taking meeting minutes
- Demonstrated competency with MS (Word and Excel)
- Able to relate to people in an effective and cordial manner
- Knowledge of quality assessment and performance improvement functions
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to sit for CPCS certification
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
Credentials: CPMSM or CPCS
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
The Medical Staff Coordinator (MSC) is responsible for coordination of medical staff meetings and the credentialing process for physicians in his/her assigned departments. The individual must have knowledge of: medical staff functions, able to handle Medical Staff meeting coordination - including preparing for, taking meeting minutes and handling all activities involving assigned departments/committees.
The Medical Staff Coordinator (MSC) must be proficient in the credentialing process and have knowledge of quality assessment and performance improvement functions, as they relate to the medical staff. Responsibilities also include data management, Emergency Department Back-up Panels, the coordination of the conclusion of the Initial and Recredentialing processes, telephone back-up, as well as other assigned duties as necessary.
As the leading provider of health care services in the South Bay, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343 bed facility that delivers high-quality care designed to meet the needs of the community. Home to the region’s most comprehensive heart program, it also has the area’s only radiation oncology center and certified community hospital cancer program. The hospital has San Diego County’s only comprehensive Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Center, which serves patients who wish to avoid blood transfusions for personal or religious reasons.
Sharp Chula Vista recently more than doubled the size of its Emergency Department and opened the new Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center, a unique healing environment with the most advanced medical technology available for cancer.
Applicants to apply, go to www.sharp.com/jobs and then search for job id # 109622