Posted on November 16th, 2022
The Medical Staff Coordinator provides support to the organized Medical Staff via meeting management, practitioner privileging, FPPE, and OPPE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate/Bachelor Degree preferred
- Minimum two years experience providing administrative/office support in an acute care facility or large healthcare organization in which duties included multiple tasks
- Five years experience as a medical staff services professional preferred
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for interaction with peers, patients, physicians, and other customers of the medical center
- Knowledge of Joint Commission standards, Title 22, and CMS regulations pertaining to the organized medical staff
- Knowledge of medical staff principles, practices, quality assessment, performance improvement functions, and legal concepts related to the organized medical staff
- Valid CPCS or CPMSM by the National Association of Medical Staff Services (or equivalent five years experience as medical staff professional) preferred.
Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening