Posted on September 25th, 2022
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Medical Staff Office Manager under the direct supervision of the CEO oversees departmental activities to ensure quality in conducting, maintaining, and communicating physician credentialing, privileging, and primary source verifications. Serves as the leading resource of the department, and collaborates with others to advance the quality of practitioners and patient safety of the facility.
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. 2 years of experience working in a hospital environment, in a Medical Staff Office preferred.
3. CPCS or CPMSM certification or obtain certification within 24 months of hire.
4. Organizes work, effectively prioritizes, and sets short- or long-term goals and the strategies to achieve them. Aligns communication, people, processes, and resources to drive success.
5. Exhibits confidence and professional diplomacy while identifying, organizing, facilitating, and/or sustaining mutually-beneficial partnerships and alliances with people at all levels internally and externally. Demonstrates an understanding of the interrelationships, roles, decision-makers, and responsibilities of the organization.
6. Gains cooperation and support, resolves differences, and reaches compromises with others.
7. Organizes information and data to identify/explain trends, problems, and their causes. Compares, contrasts, and combines information to determine underlying issues. Sees associations between seemingly independent problems or events to recognize trends, problems, and possible cause-effect relationships.
8. Demonstrates an understanding of concepts, key functions, terminology, and work products of risk management, finance, human resources, clinical competence evaluation, legal, information technology, and performance improvement.
In lieu of the above educational requirements previous work history and years of experience may/will be considered.
Resumes should be submitted to: