Posted on June 23rd, 2021
We are recruiting for a full-time Senior Coordinator supporting two licensed acute care facilities which include both adult and pediatric populations, Trauma service, Cardiac services, Comprehensive Stroke Center and several other Accredited Specialty services.
Our office is supported by six medical staff coordinators and an Executive Assistant. This position would have a supervisory role/oversight for Credentialing, OPPE and meeting management.
- 5+ years progressive experience as a coordinator within a medical staff office, including Credentialing, Peer Review, Privileging, development of criteria and meeting management skills.
- Prior Joint Commission survey experience required. Broad knowledge in areas of accreditation standards, medico legal issues, state and federal regulations
- experience in a supervisory role for medical staff functions desired. Must demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, be able to work independently and achieve desired results.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including Word, Excel
Minimum Associates degree, CPCS or CPMSM Certification preferred
Essential Job Functions
- Manages, assesses and analyzes the credentialing and privileging processes. Included is oversight of the timely processing of an application/reapplication, liaison with the Central Verification office (CVO); and assuring timely processing through the campus committee structure. Timely oversight on provisional members regarding proctoring. Oversight with communication to various areas on campus on Board updates or database interfaces Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE) to assure compliance with set timelines, reporting, Policy and Procedures
- Assists the Director in providing managerial support to the staff and acts in the capacity of the Medical Staffs Director’s designee in charge of the office when the Director is absent from the facility. Demonstrates leadership skills and effectively allocates resources. Assists the Director in identifying opportunities for improvement or special projects, and acts as a facilitator in implementing.
- Provides education and assistance in the development of mechanisms to assess physician performance. Identifies potential risks, and consults on disciplinary action when appropriate, using knowledge of regulatory agency requirements, medico legal history relative to committee actions or medical staff issues, respective hospital departmental, section rules, regulations, bylaws or policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with all Memorialcare campuses on shared providers and standardization of processes among all areas.
If interested, please apply on-line at MemorialCare https://careers.memorialcare.org/
If you would like more information about the position, please call Mary Jane Jan, Medical Staff Services Director at 562-933-1238 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org