Medical Staff Services Specialist, UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA
Posted on January 27th, 2023
Medical Staff Services Specialist
Salary Range: $2,061.60 - $3,916.00 Biweekly
Medical and Regulatory Affairs has overall responsibility for the management of the credentialing and privileging process at UC Davis Health. The quality and safety of patient care is ensured through the formal, technical, and precise credentialing and privileging of Attending Physicians, Dentists, Clinical Fellows, Nurse Practitioners, Psychologists and other Advanced Practice Professionals, Under the general supervision of the Director, Medical and Regulatory Affairs and Medical Staff Services Supervisor, the Medical Staff Services Specialist 4 is a technical expert professional who understands credentialing and privileging theory and applies it with in-depth understanding of regulations and principles.. The position has primary independent responsibility for management of the evaluation of the clinical qualifications of providers through the process of performing the full range of credentialing and privileging responsibilities and serves as the liaison and expert for the applications submitted to the credentials and Privileges Committee, Medical Staff Executive Committee and Governing Body. The position must possess broad knowledge of the field of credentialing and privileging, analyzes problems and issues of diverse scope and determines solutions to problems and challenges. Responsibilities include technical expertise as a database analyst for Echo credentialing program. Work is performed independently with little or no supervision. This position requires a high level of analytical skills, judgment, creativity, organizational and priority setting abilities.
• Applicants are encouraged to upload license and certification if required of the position.
• Certification as a CPCS (Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist) or CPMSM (Certified Professional in Medical Services Management
• Extensive years of experience in medical credentialing or similar equivalent roles
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Credentialing and Privileging principles and theories.
• Skills to independently apply external regulatory guidelines dictated by California and Federal law and regulatory agency standards pertaining to credentialing in the healthcare industry (i.e., CMS, Title 22, The Joint Commission, NCQA and/or other accrediting bodies) and internal administrative policies
• Advanced critical thinking, research, investigatory, and analytical skills to solve problems and propose solutions through the critical thinking process
• Advanced knowledge and skills to assess and monitor credentialing theory, compliance and effectiveness of credentialing and privileging processes
• Advanced knowledge of medical terminology and medical and surgical procedures
• Advanced organizational skills to independently set and meet deadlines while multi-tasking and assigning precedence to competing priorities; to see multiple assignments through to completion on deadline and according to organizational goals
• Skills to work collaboratively.
• Skills to coordinate and integrate with others throughout the department, hospital and campus.
• Skills to communicate through all mediums and with all groups; often working under pressure of constantly changing deadlines and priorities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Thorough knowledge of data management and documentation methods used in medical credentialing
• Demonstrated computer and database knowledge, along with MS Office proficiency and ability to effectively use the credentialing database application.
• This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
• The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Policy (ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at http://188.8.131.52/counter.php?id=249210
Job ID 44691
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer