Posted on August 21st, 2021
El Camino Health is committed to hiring, retaining and growing the best and brightest professionals who will carry our mission and vision forward. We are proud of our reputation in the community: One built on compassion, innovation, collaboration and delivering high-quality care. Come join the team that makes this happen.
Working in the Medical Staff Office, you will provide support to the professional practice evaluation process to include peer review process, ongoing professional practice (OPPE) and focused professional practice (FPPE) for practitioners of El Camino Health, including physicians and advanced practice professionals (APP). Additionally, you will coordinate the peer review process including workflows, procedures, and compliance expectations consistent with CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) and TJC (The Joint Commission); track OPPE metrics for FPPE triggers and report preparation for medical staff committees’ review; and track and assure all FPPE’s are completed timely with supporting documentation as required. Will also represent medical staff services on assigned committees to include department specialty committees, Practitioner Excellence Committee, Credentials Committee and Medical Executive Committee, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Healthcare. Master's degree in healthcare administration or equivalent preferred.
- Three (3) years of inpatient hospital clinical experience.
- Two (2) years of experience supporting an ongoing professional practice (OPPE) / focused professional practice (FPPE) program.
- Advanced knowledge of CMS and TJC standards pertinent to medical staff policies and procedures, and other state regulatory rules and regulations.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and web-based programs.
- Good data collection, analysis, and presentation skills
- Flexibility to manage many simultaneous projects autonomously and maintain strict confidentiality
- Detail oriented, well organized and able to prioritize duties
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and listening skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Fast learner and works well in team-based environment
- Current RN licensure with the California Board of Registered Nursing preferred
- Current certification as a Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) preferred
If you're looking for an enriching and professionally supportive environment, apply online to Req# R00003257 at www.elcaminohealth.org. EOE